What's new

the bay score i hope id please

hi
all

this time i think i have had a good score on these two,however i dont have pics just the ones here.

proxy.php

proxy.php

^i have no idea the one above ^
this next one has just the one pic sorry
proxy.php

^is a gillette but the name escapes me above ^
they look nice and the price was right.(R.A.D Strikes Again) :)

you input will be taken down to help in the future learning and helping others
many thanks
dave

Last edited:
I've never seen the #1 handle. Are you sure it's a Gillette? The curve on the long comb makes me think Goodwill or New.

The first one is an Empire Deluxe set, but with the wrong handle. The right handle is a common ball-end type, and should be easy to replace.
http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Old Type/1921-1929 Empire DeLuxe England.JPG

Yes, the box is definitely an Empire De Luxe, but it looks to me like the wrong razor entirely. That handle is decidedly not "Gillette," and that head might possibly be a NEW, like oxford said, or it could be clone of some sort. Hard to be certain from just that angle.

The second set looks like a later model Pocket Edition, possibly slightly earlier than this one of Achim's:

proxy.php

Thank you guys I guess the top one is a frankinrazor then. Will be interesting to get it and have a proper look 8) so is the pocket gold plate? It so how do you clean gold plate razors?
What dose one do with a frankinrazor do I peace it together or leave be?

Thanks again
Dave

Gillette frankenrazors are often created because the original handle has broken. Cracked barrels are common among old type and NEW ball-end handles.
That head looks like it's in nice shape. If you want to start a collection, that head would look nice in a case. If you're just looking for nice shaves, then use it as it is.

Top Bottom