What's new

The Anything Thread

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay as soft as we are now. There won't be any America - because some foriegn soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race." LtGen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller USMC

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom." U/K

I have to say, I like Jarhead's sig lines.

+2

OldSaw

The wife's investment
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay as soft as we are now. There won't be any America - because some foriegn soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race." LtGen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller USMC

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom." U/K

+ infinity

wow, howdy...you new to these parts?
:lol::lol::lol:

welcome back, you were missed...good luck catching up, though; I left a brief synopsis for you somewhere, just can't remember where :blush:

My plan worked!

Did you have the honor of meeting him? If so, I'm quite jealous.

I never had the pleasure of actually meeting him. However, I had on occassion spoke with him on the phone when I was on a HRT unit prior to going in the Corps.

Thanks. Unfortunately, this Country is getting weaker by the day and I fear we're in for it big come Jan. 20.

Those who choose security over freedom, deserve neither - Ben Franklin

I never had the pleasure of actually meeting him. However, I had on occassion spoke with him on the phone when I was on a HRT unit prior to going in the Corps.

Outstanding. I'm still jealous. HRT prior to the Corps seems backwards compared to how many folks do it (though my knowledge in this area is weak) -- were you in another branch of the service prior to all of that?

Welcome back burnwood. Given your recent travels, it seems entirely fitting to point out that your mileage has varied (depending on driving speed, vehicle weight, etc., of course). :wink:

Outstanding. I'm still jealous. HRT prior to the Corps seems backwards compared to how many folks do it (though my knowledge in this area is weak) -- were you in another branch of the service prior to all of that?

Actually, no. I didn't go to the Corps until I was 25. I'm just one of those ATG guys.

:biggrin: Nothing wrong with that at all! I'm guessing the extra years and marksmanship served you well. Thanks for your service.

My team leader and martial arts instructor was a former Recon Marine so that's pretty much the way we trained. I did some sniper work on the team (hence, my involvement with Gunny Hathcock) and thought I was a pretty good shot. The Marine Corps showed me different and really taught me marksmanship fundementals.

The average law enforcement sniper encounter is around 70 something yards with a scoped rifle on a bipod. I now shoot an M16 on my elbows with a sling out to 1,000 yards with iron sights.

The average law enforcement sniper encounter is around 70 something yards with a scoped rifle on a bipod. I now shoot an M16 on my elbows with a sling out to 1,000 yards with iron sights.

I want to get that good. However, I would be happy just being able to shoot a coyote at two or three hundred yards with iron sights.

Yep, the TAT thread appears to be back. I've not been on since about 7am, and already I'm pages of posts behind. :biggrin: Most are quick reads, though, again as usual. :wink:

Top Bottom