What's new

The adventures of a new shaver first wet shave feb 10, 2018

.ill know tonight as I will try it when I get home. came yesterday but did not break my every 2 day shave for the first month of shaving to let me skin adjust and adapt to de shaving.

I got it for probably one of the craziest reasons. Wolfman has a wait list and Charcoal started a wait list. what are the odds Rocnel will become a story that follows. so I got it now before there is a chance of a wait list like the other 2

Well tried the rocnel

I used a 2 shave feather blade
Pre shave was Stirling unscented pre shave soap
Soap was sv Cosmo
Brush was Vikings blade badger
Thayer rose

I washed face then rinsed and then rubbed pre shave soap ATG
Face lathered then did a two pass WTG then XTG

No sweepers and no scrape marks

Felt very good with the shave experience

I'm not experienced enough to compare and review but for some reason the rocnel felt like it retained water heat more it just felt warmer with each rinse and post razor clean up

Mail Call !!!

Saponificio Veresino pre shave butter mango butter
Saponificio Veresino ash wood shave bowl mahogany
Saponificio Veresino dolomite
Musgo Real Glyce Lime Oil Pre shave soap classic scent

I have no clue how to use the pre shave mango butter. they say its a pre shave butter but the instructions says to apply to affected area and its just simply 100 percent mango butter

no shave tonight
but practiced a face lather with MWF

Attachments

• SV1.jpg
    SV1.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 7
  • SV2.jpg
    SV2.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 6
Liked my shave really good tonight

Muso real glyce pre shave
Rocnel with 3 shave feather
Sv dolomite
Thayers rose

I did a two pass with and at

I worked the razor rotated more to the cap I really liked tonight's shave almost DFS

thank you.
considering my very first DE shave was feb 10. I'm beyond happy with the progress and results. unfortunately RAD is kicking in again. I'm on the wait list for charcoal but im also now pondering a SE. aaarrgghhhh somebody stop me :)

thank you.
considering my very first DE shave was feb 10. I'm beyond happy with the progress and results. unfortunately RAD is kicking in again. I'm on the wait list for charcoal but im also now pondering a SE. aaarrgghhhh somebody stop me :)

If you are pondering an SE get the Asylum RX . It is absolutely the best out there hands down but it is a tad on the high end of the $ spectrum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are pondering an SE get the Asylum RX . It is absolutely the best out there hands down but it is a tad on the high end of the $ spectrum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah some of these costs. but if I get an SE it will have to be worthy of the presence of my DE razors (timeless, as-d2 and rocnel elite) I have been really impressed with what the rocnel elite has done for me considering how new to shaving I am. it makes me ponder the rocnel one as well. but yeah the Asylum is pretty shiny

but then..... the asylum would put a different brand in my collection. ohhh this new found fun I have attained with shaving as a hobby and enjoyment

Well no real shave updates today. on a little break while i decide if im going to have a temporary goatee and beard or not.
i love dogs and have had dogs my entire life but there is one draw back to them. i am allergic to their saliva. on my hands arms or anywhere but my face i get a redness. on my face it is a train wreck if i do not act swiftly. the dog and i were goofing off away from the house and we were goofing off with a staredown. well she lost but in the end i lost. she licked me from my chin all the way up my nose. i did not have any alcohol wipes with me and it took about 30 minutes to get home. by that time it was too late the skin on my chin that has been getting shaved every two days with a DE and on off nights getting practice face lathering broke out something fierce. so im not shaving right now as i dont want to risk the shaving brush going across the area (the area broke out and is now leaking puss) and spreading anything to other parts of my face

on a side note i have had a few mail calls:

i got a brush from timber turned by bill from etsy its zebra wood and wenge wood with a synthetic knot. the tips feel soft but it has a stiff back bone

i also got a brush from Wolf Whiskers Father in law Rick and it has the fan timber wolf knot i saw them posted on wolf whiskers website

I received Boellis Panama 1924 stick soap/croap. have not got to shave with it yet but i put some in a black wood bowl with lid. man oh man talk about amaretto out the wazuu. i want to eat that stuff. every time im in the bathroom i take a sniff because it is dreamy

I also received 100 feather blades

i have also placed a few orders as well:
100 GSB
100 isreali personna red in the red packages
PAA scentless pre shave soap
50 more feathers
SV 70th anniversary shave soap
SV shaving grail
10 bolzano
10 rapira lux
10 polsilver SI
10 Nacet

(the 10 blades are a curiousity to see if they will fit in the rocnel elite or not easily if they dont oh well they will go in the timeless or asd2 so i can get an idea about them)

Im winding down on the acquisitions as Boellis and the SV soaps have pretty much stomped my desire for anything else to add to my collection for soap or cream.

Im on the wait list for Charcoal and with what i already have there isnt anything else besides wolfman and i dont know what it would add to my 4 (3+ the charcoal) prem razors that justify a 5th.

i would like to get the SV shaving brush though.

Im still debating the use of the synthetics vs the animals but something wants me to complete the mood or theme. There will be days i want to use the boellis panama 24 or the SV and want to feel luxurious with a brush as well.

So yeah, third world problems eh?

so i decided to shave and do the goatee. i bowl lathered which felt sacrilege considering the soap i used but i dont want to risk cross contaminating the other parts of my face with infection (see above post)

shower using Stirling almond cream bath soap on my face
Rocnel with a 1 shave feather in it
Stirling unscented pre soap
Boellis Panama 24
Rick's Brush with the fan timer wolf knot
thayers that was half full but then topped off with dickenson's witch hazel

Ohhhh Emmmm Geeee (OMG)
first shave with the Boellis and for me this is a soap killer. with my SV cosmo, dolomite and 70th on the way (i hear its like aqua di gio which is my favorite cologne) and the Boellis i can now consider my SSAD SCAD done. D....U...N. done.

goal for today shave. learn some of the Boellis and work more angle towards the cap
1) with the grain i dont recollect a single tug it was effortless
2) XTG but due to the goatee from my previous post i went from my moustache line out to each ear same with neck instead of doing a single pass going all the way across. i dont recollect a single tug. felt very nice
3) ATG i felt a few tugs on my neck but nothing that alarmed me

for me that was probably the best shave yet. i keep finding myself afterwords of this shave running my hands across my cheek bones and neck admiring the handy work and noticing where i have missed the bbs locations. a mighty fine shave for me best yet

i saw a post in the cream section where some were taking proraso single blade and drying it out. i dont have any single blade but i took some of my green in a tube and put it in an open container out of curiosity to see what it does in a few weeks

well i took an inventory of soaps creams and pre shaves. here is my progress on that but i doubt ill get anymore creams and soaps ive got the ones i want and i have a few soap killers that make it hard for me to find anything else.

stirling black ice
stirling mountain man
stirling bay rum
stirling dunshire
tabac stick
haslinger sandalwood
haslinger schafmilch
mitchells wool fat
omega standard soap
vikings blade cream black ocean
tobs cream coconut
proraso cream green
SV Cosmo
SV Dolomite
SV 70th anniversary
Boellis Panama 1924

pre shave
stirling menthol pre soap
stirling unscent pre soap
musgo lime soap
PAA scentless soap
stirling mentha oil
stirling bay rum oil
proraso white pre shave

Sounds like your shaves are coming right along.

I have got to order some Tabac and Stirling samples to try.
if you get stirling samples. make sure to get some sample bowls from some where the samples just come shrink wrapped without a container

Hi, Mike. Welcome aboard! That looks like a great selection of soaps and blades to keep you busy for a while.

I know TJ loves his RX (and who can blame him?). I went a slightly different direction with SE and got an ATT SE1. These stainless steel razors ain't cheap . . . but the important difference, really is the Artists' Club blades they take, and there are less expensive razor options for those as well.

Most of all, have fun.

Top Bottom