What's new

The adventures of a new shaver first wet shave feb 10, 2018

I have an hour left of work then home for the night. its the off day for shaving as I build my face up to the tolerance of shaving. I plan on practicing some face lathering tonight with soaps and then I will do a face cleaning with noxema and follow up with the cerave after I do some face lather practice.

I'm pondering getting a badger brush as I only have an omega natural and 2 omega boars
Try one of the Plissoft brushes. I almost use them exclusively

i forgot the Atomic BR AS
the jug and corks were a very nice touch. it comes waxed over with a mini transport cork. i dont drink anymore so i dont have a wine bottle opener but after some knife work i got the wax that was melted all over the top removed and the cork removed. the photo shows the display cork there is a baggy with a display cork and a orifice insert. the baggy said dont use the display cork until its empty. i put the cork in for photo. you can see some wax residue on the top of the handle but i ended up removing all the wax. once i put in the orifice i did not know how to keep it sealed so alcohol or what not will evaporate. i placed my timeless razor stand on top of it to prevent air transfer.

i love the smell and i love how it feels on my face.
I have that Atomic Jug set on the way. Will be my first Bay Rum.

Last edited:
thank you.
considering my very first DE shave was feb 10. I'm beyond happy with the progress and results. unfortunately RAD is kicking in again. I'm on the wait list for charcoal but im also now pondering a SE. aaarrgghhhh somebody stop me :)
Can only enable you when I myself have fallen down that Rabbit Hole of acquisition.

SOTD
stirling unscent preshave soap
timeless .68 scallop with polsilver 1 shave
B&M Bay rum soap
thayers
atomic bay rum splash

im really liking polsilver right now and i wonder what only is to come as i still have nacet, gsb and personna red box and kai to still try

the polsilver just feels good in the timeless for me.

I'm feeling fortunate. At this time I can't think if anything else I want outside of restocking

You Need an Artist’s Club style SE razor. A nice heavyweight stainless one to be exact SE above post by Spike he loves the ATT SE1 I live my Asylum RX both are super shavers and will get your face so close to the day your backside was born you won’t be able to believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You Need an Artist’s Club style SE razor. A nice heavyweight stainless one to be exact SE above post by Spike he loves the ATT SE1 I live my Asylum RX both are super shavers and will get your face so close to the day your backside was born you won’t be able to believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
An SE Style Razor is something I might look to pick up at Big Shave East in June in Ft. Lauderdale.

Mail Call !!!!
first let me say that im lucky enough that i can lather MWF Dry with a plissant Big Bruce before i mention this mail call and hand lather. i also could not shave with the soaps as im on a shave of the week club. i did use the AS though

SV 70th AS to go with my SV soap
SV Cosmo AS to go with my SV soap
Cat o 9 tails AS. yeah it stung but not as bad as i thought it would be. stung more then the atomic BR or the stirling Dunshire AS

All the soaps hand lathered just fine using either my Wolf Whisker knot or my Big Bruce knot. I put a blob on my hand and then lathered instead of loading from the puck except for one.
Tallow + Steel West Indies: i like the smell its pleasant and smells from that region. it has no rum. its a keeper for when i want to not have rum but still get a Bay kick
La Shaving Santa Monica Bay Rum wow. this smell is awesome. very "rummy" to me
Ogallala Bay Rum & Sweet Orange. This one I.I.R.C. is a melt and pour glycerin soap. i heated it a tad and mushed it into a glass bowl with lid i got from big lots. very yummy orange smell. orange was stronger then the bay rum.
Black Ship Grooming Black Beard Sample. um no. glad i got the sample. not enough scent for me to actually enjoy it. i get more scent from MWF or Schafmilch
Chiseled Face Cryogen Sample: smells very "cough droppy and medaciny" was cold on my hand and tingled my eyes. I think ill look towards one of stirling summer scents with the glacial so i have something besides a straight menthol cough drop
Barrister & Mann Reserve Spice Sample: Nice smell. might pick up the whole tub if i get a old spice kick. feels a little gritty on my hand while lathering it up.
Barrister & Mann Reserve Cool Sample: Decent smell. it didnt have me go "ohh i need this" felt gritty on my hand as well while lathering up
Tallow + Steel Himalaya sample: Reminded me of an Indian restaurant. I will get this on my next shave order
Tallow + Steel Morocco sample: nah not for me. too dirty/earthy/grounded for me and i could not smell any rose in it

Attachments

• mail call.jpg
    mail call.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 5
Man im getting a huge stock of shave gear. good thing there aint much more to get so i can stop spending money like i have been

Try one of the Plissoft brushes. I almost use them exclusively
Jill,

I did end up getting two envy brushes with badger. they are outstanding. i got the 28 and learned while using it "yikes this is a big brush for my face" so i also got a 26. no real scritch at all. and i enjoy the "Luxury" feel when i bring out my SV soaps and my Boellis Panama 24 soap

Stirling shipment came today forgot to take a pic
Bay Rum Witch Hazel
Almond Cream AS to go with my Boreallis Panama 24
Mita AS. I will use this with WK Lav Sublime

i took a quarter of the BR WH and spiked my bottle of thayers with it. its not a strong scent in the thayers but atleast it can be used with my BR theme.

I got 2 new bottles of thayers witch hazel today. i put 2 drops of lime and 2 drops of lavender essential oil into one of the bottles.

i shaved with the new Wholly Kaw lav sublime and chased it with the spiked thayers along with some stirling MITA balm and MITA AS
it was a nice refreshing smell and feeling during the shave

have not been updating my shaves this week. because well reasons i guess. been shaving every day. monday i used WK lav sublime tuesday and wednesday was tallow and steel west indies to get a feel for it incase i want to order more. im really loving the bay and the bay rum scents and am concerned about the potential shortage of bay due to the hurricanes wiping out the west indies bay crops

ive been using the timeless with a personna red box blade from isreal. its still kicking. odd thing is outside of my very first blade used in feb the vikings blade one i have not had a bad experience or complaint with either the feathers, poilsilvers or the personna red box. next week im going to toss in nacet and gsb to see how they will do. i have a few kai to try but im just not feeling the price which seems to be higher then feathers.

ive ordered some edt and edp samples to try so i can add some fragrances to my den. i have been using aqua di gio and versace dreamer and now that the dreamer is low (i use the adg way more) i find out its discontinued and who ever has taken up the mantle of the dreamer has made it a crappy shell of it's former self not worthy of buying

i have the following samples on the way
zoologist: Bat, Rhino, Civet, Panda and Beaver
B&M Fougere gothique
Creed: Aventus and Virgin Island Water
. i doubt ill get the whole bottle. for what they want in price it better do my dishes, work and shaves for me
Hermes Terre D'Hermes
Penhaligon's Sartorial

I am going to the mall this friday or saturday to test the new versace wares in fraiche and eros.
i tried CK euphoria and Perry Ellis Acqua this past weekend at the Kohls down the street but im going to have to go to Macy's to try the Versace as someone stole the Versace samples from kohls and they refused to open up boxes for new testers just to be stolen again.

edit these are new versace to me as i have not had to buy any fragrance for several years.

@Jill Snoddon ... have you smelled these scents on guys and give me your opinion on them if you had please if you dont mind?

tried the GSB blade in the timeless. it was the closest shave yet but it was rough. got 3 or 4 weepers using it for the first time. will know more about it as i use it again assuming it smoothes out after the first shave. to me though if it keeps getting the closest shaves but keeps giving weepers then it might not be a blade i want to keep using

Top Bottom