What's new

The 1930 Gillette New Foldabrush Shave Kit

Interestingly the innards of the blue enamel case is gold colored while the innards of the nickel case is silver colored…:confused1

060C5345-2D64-4548-8BE2-FDA149AF5B8C.jpeg
47F4C617-9891-468E-931F-7C89E05E7EBF.jpeg

The patents must be expired..... I no NOTHING of the process, but could that brush be 3D printed do y'all think?
Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done.
I would think that 4 knots could be purchased and carved down to 4 slats.
It would be easier just to harvest the hair from one or two knots than cut rectangles out of existing knots. I played around with this idea back when I first got a fold-a-brush set years ago. The original brush was set in vulcanized rubber and wrapped with stamped brass. The only benefit is faster drying time. In exchange, you give up a comfortable handle.

If someone really wants to make a decent 3D printed travel brush, a better design would be a clam-shell handle, with the knot mounted into a rotating gimbal. Open the handle, flip out the brush, close the handle, and off you go. This was actually a patented design, but I've never seen pictures of an actual brush, and only viewed the patent long ago. I saved a picture of the patent on one of my phones or laptops, but haven't been able to find it again.

Top Bottom