What's new

The 10 Commandments for Newbies/500 Posts PIF

You went moose hunting with a bow? Wow, brave man... not to mention one very strange looking moose :tongue_sm I've been a city-boy now for 27 years, so my hunting days ended a long time ago :sneaky2:

I'd like to try for the Hey, I Haven't Tried That! Pack #2 part of your most excellent PIF! Your 10 Commandments thread is spot-on too. :thumbup1:

:lol::lol::lol:

I must confess there was going to be one more portion of this PIF that did not pan out. Not for my lack of trying, however.
Probably would have been in the contributor only section... I bought some 1940s vintage SIR Irisch Moos EDC sometime ago and I was going to decant out 3-4 little samples for folks to try but I simply could not get it to come out of the jug more than a drop at a time. Very disappointing... :(

Here's a couple pictures though just as a tease...
$8.25 back in the day... The outer box:

proxy.php

I'm pretty upset it didn't pan out. I'd love to be able to share some as I think it's a fairly rare item. It's a big bottle too...

Sharing some of that Tyrconnell should be the most interesting part of the PIF :w00t:

Wow, what a wonderful offer!

I would be willing to place myself down for either the:

Intermediate Pack #2 (Have not tried MWF soap before)

or

Newbie Pack #3 (Can't get the Aqua Selva and have yet to try a Boar Brush exclusively before)

Cheers!

PS: Hunting and ownership of guns is strictly illegal in my place.. sorry but no pics! :p

Wow, what a wonderful offer!

I would be willing to place myself down for either the:

Intermediate Pack #2 (Have not tried MWF soap before)

or

Newbie Pack #3 (Can't get the Aqua Selva and have yet to try a Boar Brush exclusively before)

Cheers!

PS: Hunting and ownership of guns is strictly illegal in my place.. sorry but no pics! :p

Do you happen to live in Peninsular Malaysia? I was there a few years ago. Absolutely gorgeous.

I must confess there was going to be one more portion of this PIF that did not pan out. Not for my lack of trying, however.
Probably would have been in the contributor only section... I bought some 1940s vintage SIR Irisch Moos EDC sometime ago and I was going to decant out 3-4 little samples for folks to try but I simply could not get it to come out of the jug more than a drop at a time.

I'm pretty upset it didn't pan out. I'd love to be able to share some as I think it's a fairly rare item. It's a big bottle too...

I've used one of these before to refill my wife's perfume into a prettier bottle. Maybe it can work for you too. I think they should have em at every grocery store.
http://www.google.com/m/products?cl...024&fsdt=11842&htf=&his=&q=seasoning+injector
proxy.php

Nice job on the commandments, and nice PIF! Put me in for Hey, I Haven't Tried That! Pack #2, as I have wanted to try those!

Nice 10 commandments thread!

I'd like to be entered for the intermediate #2 pack

I don't have any pics of me hunting as I'm a target archer... but I sure do appreciate a Martin with shoot-through cables.

I liked the 10 commandments thread.

If possible I would love to be entered for the Intermediate Pack #2 or even number 1.

The commandments post was fantastic. (If only I had read it sooner) I would love any of the newbie packs. I really want to try the shave stick. Great PIF!!

Probably would have been in the contributor only section... I bought some 1940s vintage SIR Irisch Moos EDC sometime ago and I was going to decant out 3-4 little samples for folks to try but I simply could not get it to come out of the jug more than a drop at a time. Very disappointing... :(

proxy.php

The Tyrconnell for the win! Good, smooth stuff.

Very generous PIF!

I've had some firearm and bow experiences at target ranges with friends and family; but I'm totally clueless about the details involved in game hunting.
That said, my naive question to you hunters is....

What's the deal with the zip-tie on the rack of the deer pictured above? :blink:

You are generally required to put your tag on the animal before you move it. Some states have tags that are adhesive (Iowa does) and some states have tags that have little whole that you tie (or zip tie) onto the rack. My guess is he ziptied his tag on and tucked the tag behind the rack so it wasn't in the way of the picture. Just a guess, though.
It could have also been a way for guys involved in a bigger group hunt to distinguish which deer were there's. Each person's has a different colored ziptie.

Yeah, in Texas the tags are about .5"x1" and just have a little hole so you can use a ziptie or whatever to attach it.

A lot different than Michigan where it's a big sticker you wrap around the antlers.

Yeah, in Texas the tags are about .5"x1" and just have a little hole so you can use a ziptie or whatever to attach it.

A lot different than Michigan where it's a big sticker you wrap around the antlers.

In the Texas's defense a midwest deer could eat a Texas deer for lunch.
If the tag was any bigger the pictures would look goofy like a half pound burger with an 18" bun. :)

Top Bottom