What's new

Thanks for all this information

Once Upon a Time.....I began shaving with a DE Gillette razor. I had a Gillette adjustable in its day and bought a Stahly. I loved the Stahly, but the spring went so I switched to the first Gillette cartridge razor. Been using the latest and greatest Gillette cartridge razor all this time. Unfortunately, I hated shaving and always suffered from razor burn (electric) or skin irritation (blade). Then I found this Forum and read some posts on the quality shave from a Stahly even without the vibration. I finally found my old Stahly (I never throw anything away!). Tried it and was completely amazed. I used the original Wilkinson blade that was in it and got the most comfortable shave I've had in many years....sooooo...it was time to listen to you folks. Bought a FS badger brush, Tabac shaving soap, new Wilkinson and Feather razor blades and watched all the Mantic videos on YouTube. Who'd a thunk it? I'd been shaving all my life without learning how to shave! I now look forward to shaving each morning and my technique is improving daily. I was able to latch on to a NOS Stahly, so I have vibration again, and I do find it better using the vibration. I also am on a waiting list for a Mergress XL razor and tried "Kiss My Face" shaving cream this morning for the first time. I find that it doesn't lather as heavily, but it really lets the razor glide. It lubricates better than Tabac. I shaved twice this morning...got the closest shave I've ever had and had no cuts to show for it. No irritation to the skin either. I'd say I died and went to heaven, but at my age, one doesn't even kid about that! Thanks to all of you who have contributed to make this Forum as informative as it it.

Top Bottom