What's new

Thank you PIF

The Flying Eagles arrived yesterday and I shaved with them this morning. In the areas of lighter growth they seemed to do well, but tugged in heavy growth areas. I'll have my youngest son give them a try.
Thank you for your generosity and the opportunity to try new blades!

I received my Dorco blades a couple days ago. I'll throw one in my Cobra and give it a go soon. Thanks for this great PIF. It's awesome that many members benefitted from this PIF. Bravo Zulu!

non-CONUS here, Brazil, interested in the DE blades, congratulations on the PIF, I feel really sad when I see a CONUS only :(

------ edit

just noticed this is already over, damn! But then again congratulations on the INTL PIF!

Last edited:
My packet is at my mail forwarding address now, unfortunately it will be several days after the first before I get them. I will post back after I try them, thanks again for the generosity.

"I feel really sad when I see a CONUS only :("

Annoying is more the word. I would understand if the buyer wasn't prepared to pay the extra dollars for shipping but otherwise it doesn't make sense not to ship world wide, after all we are all on the world wide web?

Annoying is more the word. I would understand if the buyer wasn't prepared to pay the extra dollars for shipping but otherwise it doesn't make sense not to ship world wide, after all we are all on the world wide web?

Isn't that the main reason why CONUS is often a requirement?

I agree. I've shipped all over CONUS and all over the world. And really, the difference in shipping cost is usually just a few dollars. If you are selling, then they buyer is paying that extra anyway. And if you are PIFing, is a few extra dollars really going to break you?

Some folks just don't want the extra hassle of filling out a customs form, but it is not that big of a deal (seriously it takes 1 minute).

We do have restrictions on sending liquids so I understand that shipments of aftershave and cologne are CONUS only, but everything else should be worldwide.

Nice PIF keithmax.

This PIF will open eyes of people who sell and PIF to CONUS only excluding people like you and I.

I liked your criteria and I will adopt it in my next PIF.

See you !

What inspired my PIF was my treatment on a another board. Twice I tried to buy two expensive brushes and even after not selling for more than a week both people stood fast 'CONUS only. One told me he could not be bothered to go down to the post office and fill out the appear work. Most of the people on B&B have been good about shipping international so I wanted to reward them and to help others who are non-CONUS.

I've been away from home for a while and just got back the other night and the Dorco blades were waiting for me :) Decided to have a shave with them in my Cobra the following night and thought I'd post a quick report on them. (also apologies to Keith for the lateness of the report, but I work away for extended times)
Anyhow, first thing about the blades are that they are in a nice sturdy plastic case, very easy to see how many blades are left due to transparant plastic for the main part, they look good so far and are coated in a thin oil.
After a shower and good face wash with some Luck Tiger facewash, my 3 days growth is ready, I used some tet-a-tet shaving cream and face lathered with a Shavemac silvertip, the cream as per usual created a nice slick lather.
First impressions of the blade were that they aren't as sharp as a Feather blade, but then most other blades can never match Feathers for sharpness. They did however make short work of the stubble, I didn't feel any significant pulling or tugging and after the first pass (WTG) the bulk was removed pretty effortlessly.

A re-lather with the tet-a-tet and I was into pass number 2 (XTG) the blade performed admirably on this pass and I was left with a smooth face, very similar to how it would be had I used a feather. A quick rinse with cold water and a splash of TOBS Bay Rum and I was a happy chap.

Thanks again to Keith for this great PIF, it's a great blade to add to my collection and it proved to be an excellent performer :thumbup:

Last edited:
I'm sorry I am so late posting my experience with the Dorco's, but I have my mail forwarded (I try at least once a month) and it took me a while to get them. They were kind of "pully" but useable in a pinch. I doubt I will get more, but I do thank Keith for the chance to try them. Cheers and thanks Keith.

Top Bottom