What's new

Texas hill country getaway ideas needed

If you have any I'd appreciate them.
The wife and I are going to take the short drive and spend a couple of days up there and if anyone has any reasonably priced ideas I'd appreciate them.
Outdoorsy stuff is fine too. If there are any specific wineries that would be cool too.
Thanks,
Robert

Texas Memorial Museum is the exhibit hall of the Texas Natural Science Center at UT; it's pretty cool if you like Natural History Museums. The LBJ Ranch and Fredricksburg make a nice trip; I haven't seen the Nimitz museum but it should be interesting. It's cool to see the bats leave the Congress Avenue bridge at sunset. Near the Barton Creek mall are some nice hiking areas and the drive up the west side on 360 is scenic. Have fun!

Texas Memorial Museum is the exhibit hall of the Texas Natural Science Center at UT; it's pretty cool if you like Natural History Museums. The LBJ Ranch and Fredricksburg make a nice trip; I haven't seen the Nimitz museum but it should be interesting. It's cool to see the bats leave the Congress Avenue bridge at sunset. Near the Barton Creek mall are some nice hiking areas and the drive up the west side on 360 is scenic. Have fun!

It's still a few weeks yet until the bats start appearing again. But it's cool when they're here!

Some friends went to the Nimitz Museum at Fredericksburg, and came back gushing about how good it was. They were even more impressed by how large it was. They didn't see close to all of it. http://www.pacificwarmuseum.org/index.asp

My wife and I like the Marble Falls area. If you get there, go to the Blue Bonnet cafe. http://www.bluebonnetcafe.net/

We have our favorite wildflower fields all over the hill country that we hit every year. But, I won't tell you where I catch lunker bass. And, I can't tell you were our favorite spots are either!!

Larry the Cable Guy had a joke about wanting a beer and wanting to see something naked. We were with another couple driving the flower route at Ennis, Texas and I referred to that joke and said something about wanting a beer and so on. Figured it would make the wife yelp! Well, about 30 minutes later, we parked a few minutes, got in the car and turned around in a driveway to go back the way we came. When we turned around, some woman was squatted in the ditch - naked around her nether regions, taking a leak. I guess she thought we were going to drive over the hill and disappear instead of turning around. Well, we laughed the rest of the day about the woman hopping up the ditch and diving into her car... with her pants still down!!

Are you sure you are up to Texas hill country? I don't think so! :001_smile

Texas Wine Trail

Stay in Boerne at Ye Kendal Inn.

Plenty of good wineries in Fredericksburg and along 290 towards Johnson City. Also Sister Creek in Sisterdale.

27 holes of good golf at Tapatio Springs, assuming they have recovered from the drought. If not, play The Bandit in New Braunfels.

If I were in Texas Hill Country, I'd getaway from it as fast as possible.

:lol:

Just kiddin'. I'd like to see the land of LBJ and Coke Stevenson. But I gotta whole lotta places to go before it...

I haven't been to the Nimitz museum since I was 10 years old (I'm 21) but as I recall it is: freaking awesome.

If you're a history buff, you owe yourself a visit. Is it suited to a romantic getaway? Depends on the wife.

Top Bottom