What's new

Temu?

As many might know, Temu has more for sale than Carter has pills. I have purchased many items from them and found their stuff to be a classic example of getting what you pay for. Not unlike Harbor Freight merchandise. Recently I discovered they have a fair sized inventory of shave gear. I bought a synthetic brush for about $4.00; figured it was worth a shout. Anyone out there tried any of their stuff?
IMG_1315.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kix

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I’ve gotten a fozen Gold Dollar 100s from them. Price (about $5 each delivered) and shipping were good. Quality? Gold Dollar has heard of that.

As many might know, Temu has more for sale than Carter has pills. I have purchased many items from them and found their stuff to be a classic example of getting what you pay for. Not unlike Harbor Freight merchandise. Recently I discovered they have a fair sized inventory of shave gear. I bought a synthetic brush for about $4.00; figured it was worth a shout. Anyone out there tried any of their stuff?View attachment 1799875
$4 for an aluminum handle to reknot doesn’t seem to big a chance to take

I have ordered some stuff from them, including shaving gear. I use Paypal, so Temu (and the Chinese govt) only have my name and address and not my credit card number. (Not that any details about the average westerner couldn't be easily researched/hacked anyway.)

As for the quality of the merchandise... Well, they don't really have any high end stuff - it's really just a place to get cheap Chinese goods. I have bought some bargain razor blades (PearlMax, FlyDear & Gillette Super Blue) and a Jifuli safety razor I am pleased with. And a $3 synthetic brush which I use and abuse regularly, so that's another good buy - it has reasonable abrasion and does not scratch my face. I also got a tin of shaving soap which has a weak scent and performs about as well as Ivory soap. Maybe I just haven't figured the soap out yet, but I have a less favorable opinion about that purchase.

In short, don't expect a miracle, but some products are rather good for their price, like the FlyDear razor blades. Most offerings are probably "meh" but certainly are low cost. If your politics and sense of information security permit it, a test purchase from Temu carries a low investment price since shipping is free for buys of $15 or more.

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
No experience with Temu other than getting flooded with unsolicited SPAM emails from them a while back. That left a bad enough taste in my mouth that I wasn't inspired to trust them with my CC or personal info.

They kinda look similar to AliExpress.

Last edited:
I doubt I would ever order from them as I am with the last couple posts and think it is another AliExpress. I won't even order from them after my last order never showed up and had to wait for 3 months before I could dispute and of course those 3 months were within a few days losing the ability to dispute.

I attempted a purchase from Aliexpress earlier last year after quite a while of going back and forth, (probably more than a year), whether I wanted to chance my personal info with a Chinese site and PayPal wouldn't approve the transaction and I just took it as a sign that they may have saved me some heartache in the long run and moved on!! I feel the decision to buy anything from Temu the same and I'm sure I won't miss out on any must have items!! If I wanted a Chinese made item that bad I'm sure I could find it on Amazon or Ebay for probably the same cost....

I also was unable to compete a sale at AliExpress.

Re: Temu I have had good luck with them as far as delivery and transactions go. I got an aggressive razor for 98 cents (yup) that I use occasionally. I would never order any fluid shaving products from them :eek2:

Also several clothing items for the wife which she is very happy with. Clothing items come sealed in ziplock backs so I appreciate that precaution.

I have used AliExpress several times without any issue - (had to return an undersized jacket and got my money back no problem)
In fact just got another jacket today (correct size this time)

I have used AliExpress several times without any issue - (had to return an undersized jacket and got my money back no problem)
In fact just got another jacket today (correct size this time)
I bought a Yaqi Knight Helmet off AliExpress. It was a painless transaction and the razor arrived in a week from China to the USA which surprised me.

I have the chrome version. It is way better than the $10 price it is listed for. I believe the handle is actually real brass as I think yours is.
It’s the same exact razor as Maggard V3A. I lost the top cap from Yintal but it’s completely interchangeable with Maggard. Same shaving character and all. It’s indeed a great razor.

Top Bottom