What's new

Tell Me About Zenith

Mondial, but I have to qualify that answer.

I have only two Mondials.

View attachment 945031

This Mondial is brand new. I've not used it or even wet it yet. It looks great, but how it performs is a guess. I'd guess great, but it's a guess.

View attachment 945032

This Mondial is my favorite boar.

View attachment 945033

This is I think my favorite Zenith boar (it's new in the photo, but I've used it a good bit now). I have a good many Zenith boars.

To answer your question I'd say if I had to keep just one I'd shoot myself I'd be hard pressed but it would probably be the Mondial.

View attachment 945034

This Omega Jade (damp in photo) is also a contender. From Connaught only I think. Premium brush for sure.

View attachment 945035

What a hard question.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Muahaha, buy them all! I do own a couple (a dozen) boar brushes but yes, I'll be hard pressed to decide which one to keep if I had to keep one. I guess i need one of the modials and zeniths. Untill then! :2guns:

Whats with the black hairs in that brush? Is that normal?
Both my Zenith and Omega have them, my vintage had a ton of them, like 25% or more. I've heard them called "Guard Hairs". Generally a little stouter than the straw colored Bristles.

Absolutely worth the money! The knots are all great. Get the handle you want and you're set.

View attachment 944029

I have none with a loft over 57 mm, but at 57 mm and lower, the brushes are great. I like all of mine. None have done me wrong.

View attachment 944030

The Mondial (eBay vendor) is my favorite boar, but the Zeniths (eBay vendor) are all very, very close.

Zenith and Mondial boar are great right out of the box and get better as they develop the split ends, but they're fine from the get go.

View attachment 944031

The copper handled boar is my favorite Zenith boar. It's new in the photo.

Its brother in Manchurian is a great brush, one of my two favorite brushes.

View attachment 944032

For good measure, this is a great Omega brush. Connaught has it. Premium brush it is. It's damp in the photo I think.

By all means. Zenith boars are absolutely the bee's knees.

Happy shaves,

Jim

LOVELY COLLECTION!! Congratulations! :a14::a14::a14::a14:

I am enjoying the two less expensive, smaller knot Zenith boars I recently bought from The Gentle Shave. Nice selection there.

Both Zeniths have softer knots out of the box than my Omegas or Semogues. Still plenty of backbone. No shedding problems with any of my boars. I dry them hanging in a stand for a week or more before they come back up in the rotation.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I am enjoying the two less expensive, smaller knot Zenith boars I recently bought from The Gentle Shave. Nice selection there.

Both Zeniths have softer knots out of the box than my Omegas or Semogues. Still plenty of backbone. No shedding problems with any of my boars. I dry them hanging in a stand for a week or more before they come back up in the rotation.

Pictures?

They carry a number of inexpensive boars. I've not found any of their boar brushes (or Manchurians) to be anything except excellent.

None of my Zenith boars are higher lofted than 57 mm, but that's just a personal preference based on experiences with non-Zenith boars. I may someday try the tall inexpensive plastic handled Zenith boar just to see what it's like.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Two.Zenith.Manchurians.1-5-19.640 copy.jpg

I am really stuck on these two Manchurians. Both are simply wonderful. I can't make myself pick up any of my other brushes.

Third World Kid. Yo..That is not a problem (meme).jpg

Yeah, I get it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Pictures?

They carry a number of inexpensive boars. I've not found any of their boar brushes (or Manchurians) to be anything except excellent.

None of my Zenith boars are higher lofted than 57 mm, but that's just a personal preference based on experiences with non-Zenith boars. I may someday try the tall inexpensive plastic handled Zenith boar just to see what it's like.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Alphabetized!
L to R 10005, 1470, 1250, B17, B5. I like wood handles!
5EA41424-392B-4E90-8AD0-6894B8527CC5.jpeg

563DD277-DB88-4A76-9207-47F4F8F98F31.jpeg

FB13DD65-EB66-4D91-B2D5-56713EDDDB2E.jpeg

I'm thinking of getting a Zenith Boar Brush. Are they worth the money or would it be more prudent to just stick with Omega or Semogue?

Thank you in advance for all your answers and sharing your opinions.
Zenit has the same quality or better respect Semogue or Omega in my opinion. An old Italian producer.

I have Zenith B10 brush and it's an interesting brush. It's one of the softest and has little backbone. But it tends to eat up all the lather as well. A solution I found for this brush is not soaking it before I shave. I simply dunk in under water for 10 seconds and shake off the excess water, into the tub. I think I like Omegas and Semogues better but Zenith still has a place in my den for soft feeling bristles.

Top Bottom