Tea Drinkers- What do you start your day with?

Discussion in 'The Cafe'' started by BladeDE40, Aug 15, 2012.

I recently ran out of one of my favorite morning teas, Harney and Sons Supreme Breakfast Blend and I am on the hunt for a replacement. I usually drink this tea on weekday mornings and switch over to an Earl Grey on the weekends.

Thought I would reach out to the fine folks here to see what you are brewing to get your day started.

Cheers,

1. P_K

P_K

90% of the time it is a green tea. Of greens: 75% of those would be Japanese - sencha, matcha, gyokuro or kamairicha. 25% a Chinese green - long jing, mao jian, mao feng, an ji bai pian etc. Oolongs comprise the remaining 10% of what I start the morning with.

2. I usually hit the head. I'm not really sure what this question has to do with tea drinking.

3. malocchio

malocchio Contributor

Tanzanian black, extra smokey lapsang, first flush darjeeling and an occasional green organic.

4. Doc4

Doc4 Moderator Emeritus

Whatever I feel like.

White, green, yellow teas in the summer, pu-er in the winter, oolong all year long.

5. Great question. I am interested in knowing what tea fans start their day with as well.

I am so accustomed/addicted to coffee that my day always starts with coffee unless I visiting someone/someplace where tea is the norm, and then its whatever they are drinking, usually some black tea.

6. nff

nff

i dont usualy have time for tea the way i do it lol so if i have anything its usualy a espresso shot. tea is reserved for relaxing meditative time... or when theres a online music festival then i break out the yixing and have a near constant stream of music and sheng pumped into me. 4 days and nearly 2L of castoffs. (rinses and the last drops in the cup) im usualy tea drunk halfway through the day at one of these.

7. Wow, I feel kinda bad. I don't have a regular tea that I start the day with. Just pull something out of the cabinet and brew up what ever strikes my fancy that day. Today, I am finishing up some Formosa Ruby Black from yesterday.

8. maxman

maxman Moderator Emeritus

If I'm at work and I didn't bring anything with me, I'll have a Tim Hortons Honey Lemon tea.
    At home I drink Roiboos or Herbal tea.
    I'm a fan of David's Tea tea.

9. A few months ago I gave up coffee altogether so was looking for a stronger tea. Therefore, in the morning I drink rip pu erh tea, about 4 cups of it. Then later in the day I switch to the raw pu erhs.

10. If I have time in the mornings I'll do a puerh session when I want tea to start the day. But that's on the days that I don't have coffee, or engage in a session of yerbe mate.

11. JM

JM

I know mate' is not a tea but that's what I had this morning...mate with lemon.

12. Niles

Niles Moderator Emeritus Contributor

My usual is Twinings Irish or English Breakfast.

13. Today is some 10 year old TGY. Wow, this is mellow.

14. Hmmmm well I typically brew up what ever I feel like for that moring. However If you took away all my teas ( I have to many) and made me choose one then I would have to choose my Irish Breakfast tea. I have 2 diffent ones I have Stash Super Irish Breakfast and Golden Moon tea Irish Breakfast Special Reserve tea ( Golden moon tea is only a few hours from me so If I place a order and it ships same day then I can get it the next day with there flat rate shipping which is awesome). I need to use up more of my teas before I order some pu-erh (I have a sample),white tea(I have a sample) and yellow tea.

15. JM

JM

I like black tea. If I have to go somewhere special to get it, and this place doesn't sell shaving gear, I don't want it.

Yeah, I'm cranky....dam it.

16. When its hot outside - iced green tead
    When its cold outside- iced black tea

17. ouch

ouch Moderator Emeritus

Been drinking a lot of Alishan lately. It's probably the least expensive of the top tier areas of Taiwan.

18. I most always start off with black China tea, my favorite is Yunnan Fancy. If not that I would choose Lapsang Souchong. Between fine razors, good pocket knives and excellent tea life is good. :biggrin1:

19. Lipton's during the week and something from Teavana when there's more time on the weekend.