What's new

Introduction to Yerba Mate

image.jpg

I started with Mate in about 2004. Canarias Serena (green label) is a favorite blend here. It has some floral notes included (linden flower, mint, lemon balm, passionflower), which are very mild.

I also drink another variety from North America. Comes from the South East/Florida. Yaupon Holly. One of what I have now is targeted as a digestive aid, including ginger root, chamomile, fennel, licorice, and peppermint. I'll usually sweeten either yaupon or mate with ground Stevia leaf.

The wall has collapsed, we’re done for today! Lovely pura folha mixed with a finer lower strength.

1,5L and I could keep going, wonderful buzz without any bad side effects.

IMG_7255.jpeg

I have recently discovered yerba mate within the last couple months from an Andrew Huberman video. I started because of his suggestion it's a natural glp-1 agonist, but now believe it has no pharmacological effect beyond what any stimulant/caffeine containing beverage does for appetite suppressing qualities. That being said I ended up enjoying it and now drink over 2 liters of it a day with a mix of green tea. I know I'm about to lose all the traditional people but I use about 15-20g and 5-7g green tea per 1 liter water in a French press, so technically a coccido con te' verde but love it.

I find I have liked more of an Argentinian yerba and my daily drinkers are Cruz de Malta and 1 small cup of cbse naranja. I have Canarias Serena but found I didn't like all the dust and was a still but more stimulating that I liked. Since I'm not using a gourd the dust didn't add anything for me personally, but flavor wise I really enjoyed the extra maltiness. I'd love to find an Argentinian cut with the maltiness of Canarias.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have recently discovered yerba mate within the last couple months from an Andrew Huberman video. I started because of his suggestion it's a natural glp-1 agonist, but now believe it has no pharmacological effect beyond what any stimulant/caffeine containing beverage does for appetite suppressing qualities. That being said I ended up enjoying it and now drink over 2 liters of it a day with a mix of green tea. I know I'm about to lose all the traditional people but I use about 15-20g and 5-7g green tea per 1 liter water in a French press, so technically a coccido con te' verde but love it.

I find I have liked more of an Argentinian yerba and my daily drinkers are Cruz de Malta and 1 small cup of cbse naranja. I have Canarias Serena but found I didn't like all the dust and was a still but more stimulating that I liked. Since I'm not using a gourd the dust didn't add anything for me personally, but flavor wise I really enjoyed the extra maltiness. I'd love to find an Argentinian cut with the maltiness of Canarias.
i don't honestly think you will find an authentic mateador who will question the way you take it. but i am curious, why have you discounted its health benefits?

i don't honestly think you will find an authentic mateador who will question the way you take it. but i am curious, why have you discounted its health benefits?
I haven't discounted the health benefits but claiming that it raises glp-1 to a pharmacological level is false based on the literature right now. Any appetite suppressant effect is more the liquid in your stomach and stimulants. That being said there is evidence it's higher in practically all other metrics including antioxidants, antiinflammatories, vitamins and minerals etc... It's also lower in acidity and has more theobromine than the other common beverages for a different stimulating effect.

Top Bottom