What's new

Talk me out of it.

Nice watch and a great size - not one of those absurd 48mm behemoths; I say 'Do it - do it now'.
One of the reasons I have been looking into it. I currently wear a seiko turtle every day and it is pretty big and heavy. Also have a timex weekender but I think it’s a bit broken. I keep having to replace batteries every couple months.
57B4E67C-B838-4437-B093-78346EE27D10.jpeg

It's a nice watch.

This is the one I have, if you are interested in something different:

It feeds on sunlight.
Looks cool but it’s too busy for me. Would prefer something plain and simple.

I've always wanted a Hamilton. Though I lean more towards this model. Day-Date The one you linked is less costly. I don't think you want me trying to convince you, as it'll cost you more money. :)

Nice one, looking at water resistance and given that it is a manual wind I wouldn’t take it into the water. It seems though that your Seiko is fit for that role anyway.

By coincidence I got a new watch today. It’s in the same price range and a classic 70ies design.
0F43FE10-EE35-4738-8A7C-605DD9F97753.jpeg

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I'm sure you have absolutely no use for a timeless and classically styled field watch from an American heritage label with Swiss movement that is a great value, will go with pretty much everything in your wardrobe, and is even slim enough to work as a dress watch with a rugged edge. You'd rather save your money for a huge, blingy dive watch and a half-dozen more artisan seasonal special edition shave soaps, right? I thought so. Consider yourself talked out of. You're welcome.

I'm sure you have absolutely no use for a timeless and classically styled field watch from an American heritage label with Swiss movement that is a great value, will go with pretty much everything in your wardrobe, and is even slim enough to work as a dress watch with a rugged edge. You'd rather save your money for a huge, blingy dive watch and a half-dozen more artisan seasonal special edition shave soaps, right? I thought so. Consider yourself talked out of. You're welcome.

haha talked out of a huge dive watch yes. More soaps and a classic timeless watch, No!

Now, I want to buy it and I stopped wearing watches. @tankerjohn has strong “Enable-Fu”!

The watch below seems to be the same or very similar. I confess I checked that it had a black face, had the 80 hr movement and was a Hamilton. I have no connection with Joma other than I window shop it alot after buying my son's graduation watch from them ( a hamilton quartz because that is what he wanted despite my efforts to lead him toward a hand wound or an auto.)

With Hoodinkees you get an extra year of warranty. With Joma, your warranty provider is likely to be the in house folks at Joma. Given the relatively uncomplicated nature of the movement and overall quality of the watch, IMHO, the one extra year of warranty and buying from an authorized dealer as opposed to grey market does not justify the 200.00 difference.

Finally, Hamilton is a brand that is carried by Macy's such that they occasionally go on sale 20% off.

The watch has 20mm lugs. I would buy a slew of straps from Cheapest Nato Straps and you could wear that with virtually any outfit this side of tails at a royal wedding.

Last edited:
The watch below seems to be the same or very similar. I confess I checked that it had a black face, had the 80 hr movement and was a Hamilton. I have no connection with Joma other than I window shop it alot after buying my son's graduation watch from them ( a hamilton quartz because that is what he wanted despite my efforts to lead him toward a hand wound or an auto.)

With Hoodinkees you get an extra year of warranty. With Joma, your warranty provider is likely to be the in house folks at Joma. Given the relatively uncomplicated nature of the movement and overall quality of the watch, IMHO, the one extra year of warranty and buying from an authorized dealer as opposed to grey market does not justify the 200.00 difference.

Finally, Hamilton is a brand that is carried by Macy's such that they occasionally go on sale 20% off.

The watch has 20mm lugs. I would buy a slew of straps from Cheapest Nato Straps and you could wear that with virtually any outfit this side of tails at a royal wedding.

Thanks for that info! I’m from Canada so I wasn’t going to order from the site I linked. That being said the Joma shop price looks very tempting.

The main (or only) negative to the Hamilton is the lug shape and length. The lugs are very straight and 47mm. Depending on your wrist size and shape, that could be a problem. Or if you don't like straight lugs, like me.

You are probably in the wrong place to be talked out of any kind of acquisition mate. We might not personally like what other people crave, but if someone likes a watch, jacket, soap, car or sausage, and has the dosh for it, have it. Deny yourself nothing.

One of the reasons I have been looking into it. I currently wear a seiko turtle every day and it is pretty big and heavy. Also have a timex weekender but I think it’s a bit broken. I keep having to replace batteries every couple months.
View attachment 1251314
Looks like the Hamilton would sit in between these case size wise, and if you like the Weekender styling it is probably a good choice.

I wonder if you are getting bad batteries for your Weekender. I have not replaced the flat battery in mine but it lasted 8+ years, so I would expect a relatively fresh cell to go for years.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I am not going to talk you out of it. You need that watch. It will look fantastic on your wrist. I can see it now telling you the time when you look lovingly down on that beautiful dial.

Top Bottom