What's new

Take a look at this latest Ebay listing!

Sorry, you can breath again, you auction hunters. I'm not letting the cat out of the bag on that minty 195, Sticky, or #16 your are watching. :wink:

No, I mean this.

Real shame the blades are proprietary. I wonder if you were supposed to replace them, or hone them?

-Mo

That's just completely barking--the first multiblade razor ever and they went straight to five?

There's other stuff on the net about the inventor, in the "collectors encyclopedia" no less, but this feels like a surreal hoax...

That is really something! Not sure I'd want it anywhere near my face, but it is definitely impressive. Not only are the blades proprietary, they are numbered, which would inicate that they are each slightly different. I wonder if one of those olde DE honing devices that pop up on ebay would work for those blades?

Edit: Hey, the guy with the Gillette dating code website has a page on these! http://www.geocities.com/safetyrazors/Multiplex/mvltiplex.htm

The wheel- reinvented by Gillette? Just goes to prove there are not limits to ingenuity and experimentation. Thanks for the link Mo- very interesting.

That is really interesting. I am impressed with the case/box for the razor. I do not, however, think I am impressed to the tune of more than $250.

It does have some very nice detailing, obviously not a cheap razor when it was manufatured. The Medusa head on the end of the handle was interesting.

Top Bottom