What's new

Take A Deep Breath & Then Walk Into The Fire

Wendy, though I may not know you or your family, I share your pain. I don't know your mother, but I've seen her post enough to know she is a woman of faith. You and your family bless her by treasuring your moments with her. I'll be adding your mother and your family to my church's prayer list. Also, my family and I will keep praying for you all. God bless you and give you strength always.

Sue, Wendy, Family, Friends, and those of concern. May you all have joy, laughter, and remembrance for the time you have left. Though I have not talked to Sue nor the immediate family. I wish it not be a painful journey, but let us revel in the fact that you are all still together. I am saddened that things have come to this and that I hope it all ends with happiness and of good closure for the better. Sue, Wendy, Family, and friends my heart is with all of you.

Last edited:
I just found this thread today (I don't log in as often as I used to and lecturing has kept me busy lately). I'm deeply sorry to hear of this and it is good that you're able to spend time with your mother during the next few weeks. I had meant to but never got around to mentioning that I had recently ordered some Lime Extract aftershave from SCS and I was surprised when I received a sample of the sandalwood shaving soap. It was such a pleasant surprise that I decided I must continue giving SCS my custom in the future for such an unexpected, unsolicited, but very welcome surprise (and the fact that the aftershave is magnificent as well was icing on the cake).

It seems a bit trite, I think, for me to gas on about such things but it seems like this attention to detail and generosity has been a major part of your mother's time here at B&B. I know I benefited greatly from many of the threads she was part of or started. When I think of you two and SCS, I generally think: 'Class'. It's not much, I know (even from a stranger who has never met either of you). I'm not very good with words, alas, but it's the finest praise I could ever give someone.

Oh Wendy, I didn't see your post until just now.. and now I am just a mess. Sue, you are one of the kindest and dearest ladies I know.. and yes, everyone loves you and for good reason, you have done nothing but give and love and have been a Mom to us all. I have all these questions that I have saved for when Sue gets better.. each time filing it away with a prayer for you. It has been too quiet without you.. and I have missed you terribly.. and I love you very much, you are a dear wonderful woman.. always straight from the heart. and what a big heart it is. You are loved.. and yep liked too... wink

My heart goes out to you and your family. I just found out today, and I'm very much saddened by this news. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sue, Wendy, and family,

As with so many others, my heart is heavy with this sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you travel down this difficult road.

We all want to say the right things, but sometimes our vocabulary simply isn't good enough.

In our own way, we all love you very much. You are not alone. We are with you, every step of the way.

Praying for her every day.. please give her my love, I sent something in the mail to her today... how are you doing Wendy?? Hugs!

I'm at a loss for words. I had not seen this post until recently and am extremely saddened to hear the news. Prayers for all of your family.

Last edited:
I only saw the updates on this thread this morning and the last quote from Wendy . . .

Yes, Sue, you're a "nice person". We all love you. If you didn't know, then we all should have told you more often.

All my prayers,

- John

I have read this thread for the last 3 days and haven't been able to post anything. In a little over 2 weeks it will be 10 years since my uncle passed away from cancer. Cherish the time you have left together, you'll never forget it.

Sue, you are in our thoughts, prayers and hearts.

Top Bottom