What's new

Tabac!

also recommended this brand to me for the excellent quality price. I would love to have several products all from the same brand. Next time I will definitely try

When first opened, I cannot stand the scent of Tabac. I had to leave my puck open for about two weeks before I could use it. I guess it was the aldehydes used in the fragrance. Once those had dissipated, the performance was excellent. It is one of the few traditional soaps that I enjoy using.

I used Tabac this morning. The scent to me is meh (smells like soap) but performance can’t be beat. It’s a triple milled soap that lathers up faster and easier than most soft soaps.

I used Tabac this morning. The scent to me is meh (smells like soap) but performance can’t be beat. It’s a triple milled soap that lathers up faster and easier than most soft soaps.

You are correct in saying that Tabac loads and lathers quite easily, especially for a soft soap. I do have some superb artisan soaps that have better residual slickness and post shave feel than Tabac, but for a traditional product, I have to admit that it competes quite well. It is an excellent value.

Most everyone agrees that Tabac performs!! Great soap!! :clap::clap:

The only issue IMHO is whether you like the scent.

What do you think of the fragrance?

I like the performance of the soap and the extra thick stick it comes in is handy. The scent isn't one I'd purposely look for but it's not unpleasant, just a little dated.

The scent of Tabac definitely grew on me. It took some time, but I do like it now. It’s a great soap and there is a matching splash and balm.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Initially I didn’t like the smell. I don’t mind it now and it is a great soap to use.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Tabac is a very fine shave soap. It started making my face itch and I quit using it for a
few months but recently started using it again with no problems. I have the AS and EDC as well and rather enjoy the scent although it took some time to acquire the taste for it. It has a scent like no others. It has character. I suppose I’ll use it tomorrow now.

I just had my first shave with the Tabac..... incredible!
Great lather and face is feeling really soft post shave. And to me the fragrance of it is quite agreeable.
Cool!!

Tabac is currently my favorite soap, hands down. Second right now, once you get the hang of it, is Blue Fougere by Razor Rock. It has a similar lather property, but it's barbershop powdery scent. And you get tons in a pack.

@razorhead63 Tabac is indeed awesome, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I also love the "soft" post-shave feel you mentioned. Tabac is the only lather I've used to date that leaves this positive effect, I so love it during the winter. I have mine on deck for tomorrow, as the winter weather has returned....

Initially I didn’t like the smell. I don’t mind it now and it is a great soap to use.
I didn't either; on my first use of the stick I carried around what I can only describe as an "aftertaste" (no, people, I didn't lick it or use it as a lip balm). I was definitely aware of the scent of Tabac for a good part of that day.

The next time I used the soap, I could hardly whiff it at all, but it still performed. I use it at least once a week. In fact I used it 3 times last week on my initial shaves with the Merkur Progress (German razor, German soap, why not).

Top Bottom