Tabac is the best kept secret in shaving

Come and give Grandma a big kiss, because you LOVE TABAC

proxy.php
Once seen, cannot be unseen.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
But I'm not allowed to tell you about it! :tongue_sm

But I'm not allowed to tell you about it! :tongue_sm
Unless you're referring to the Sir Irisch Moos shaving soap, which has been made from the same company that makes the Tabac shaving soap, however, they've stopped making the Sir Irisch Moos shaving soap on the market because I love that soap and the scent very much.

Unless you're referring to the Sir Irisch Moos shaving soap, which has been made from the same company that makes the Tabac shaving soap, however, they've stopped making the Sir Irisch Moos shaving soap on the market because I love that soap and the scent very much.

That's probably it. The elite tabac.

Tabac lovers also have a affinity for ribbon candy and the odd quarter to spend on baseball cards.
It's quite funny that you should mention that.

By most accounts, people consider me too young to have an "affinity for ribbon candy and the odd quarter to spend on baseball cards.". Being under 40, I love Tabac, and have a huge nostalgia for both ribbon candy and the smell and feel of Topps baseball cards with a stick of pink gum (which I would gladly chew for hours!).

I also used to smoke cherry cavendish in a churchwarden briar.

Maybe it's a Tabac thing, and not an age thing after all... My wife just keeps telling me I like all the old people stuff!

It's quite funny that you should mention that.

By most accounts, people consider me too young to have an "affinity for ribbon candy and the odd quarter to spend on baseball cards.". Being under 40, I love Tabac, and have a huge nostalgia for both ribbon candy and the smell and feel of Topps baseball cards with a stick of pink gum (which I would gladly chew for hours!).

I also used to smoke cherry cavendish in a churchwarden briar.

Maybe it's a Tabac thing, and not an age thing after all... My wife just keeps telling me I like all the old people stuff!
You dont chew topps baseball gum. It just crumbles in your mouth.

You dont chew topps baseball gum. It just crumbles in your mouth.
Naw, a few chew after it breaks up, once you work the warmth of your mouth and saliva into it, it comes together and makes a passable chewing gum.

Yeah, it starts a bit brittle, but it ends up pretty not bad.

Being under 40, I love Tabac, and have a huge nostalgia for both ribbon candy and the smell and feel of Topps baseball cards with a stick of pink gum (which I would gladly chew for hours!).

I’m just old enough to remember buying baseball cards for 25 cents a pack - and the scent of that gum. I don’t ever remember it lasting hours, or being able to blow a decent bubble..

Tabac's scent reminds me of the barbershop I went to as a kid in the early 90s, back before cigarette vending machines were banned. There was a certain tobacco smell that mixed seamlessly with the barbershop smells, which complemented the cheap wood paneling and oddly dark overall atmosphere. It's a very nostalgic smell for that reason, and one of my favorite shave soaps.

It's great for breaking in brushes too. If a new brush is hogging lather, Tabac will remedy that in a jiffy.

Hi Grandma...:)

Grandma, how come you're house smell like Tabac.

Because I smell like an old SWAG!!

Now come here and give you're Grandma a big kiss and a hugs, because, you'll love Tabac.

proxy.php

After getting rid of all I had a year or so ago, I thought perhaps I had been too hasty and reloaded. Now I find myself in the same place I was before, wondering why the hell did I do this. It's just not necessary, and diminishes my sense of wellbeing. I will no longer read Tabac threads nor succumb to the siren call, ya'll are on your own.

After getting rid of all I had a year or so ago, I thought perhaps I had been too hasty and reloaded. Now I find myself in the same place I was before, wondering why the hell did I do this. It's just not necessary, and diminishes my sense of wellbeing. I will no longer read Tabac threads nor succumb to the siren call, ya'll are on your own.

Hoard > Sell > Hoard > Sell... it's the hobby yo-yo effect. Addictions are prone to remissions.

I couldn't resist any longer, knowing I would have an empty container available soon, I "splurged" last week. Tabac stick "refill" is grated, pressed and ready to be used soon, so far not hating the scent at all.

IMG_20190224_205642.jpg IMG_20190224_210521.jpg

If you enjoy it I would suggest getting puck refills when you run out. I found the ground-up-stick to be much softer and not last nearly as long as the puck does. Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

We'll see how this goes, for now, I'm not concerned about how long it'll last, just wanted to try it given how divided opinions on this soap are, and this was the cheapest option. I've grated SV, D.R Harris and Haslinger refills in the past, and it's worked great with all of them.

Top Bottom