What's new

Tabac is the best kept secret in shaving

AMEN!!!!

Long live Tabac!!
DE149639-05E3-4D7C-9EC7-8EDEFA9FF763.png

Palmolive is a great shaving stick and in Europe is the best bang for your buck. Great tallow soap with an inoffensive green scent.
Talking about shaving sticks, Tabac's own stick has a slightly better formulation compared to the puck. No, it isn't the same soap, it's actually better. Connaught has them on sale at around $4 if you order from outside of Europe. If you don't like sticks you can always grate it in a container.

Palmolive is a great shaving stick and in Europe is the best bang for your buck. Great tallow soap with an inoffensive green scent.
Talking about shaving sticks, Tabac's own stick has a slightly better formulation compared to the puck. No, it isn't the same soap, it's actually better. Connaught has them on sale at around $4 if you order from outside of Europe. If you don't like sticks you can always grate it in a container.

Could you describe the difference between the two?

Could you describe the difference between the two?

Tabac stick has more coconut oil and less water. In the stick there are also Treemoss (Evernia Furfuracea) and Oakmoss (Evernia Prunastri) extracts that are not present in the puck.

Tabac stick has more coconut oil and less water. In the stick there are also Treemoss (Evernia Furfuracea) and Oakmoss (Evernia Prunastri) extracts that are not present in the puck.
I found it for $9 shipping included. Is the scent very different for $9 or is it still granny's purse?

Ha. I just used Tabac for the very first time this morning. Grannies purse may be misleading, think Bounce dryer sheets (Autumn Breeze or Spring Shower etc). If you don't have Bounce dryer sheets, go to the market and take a sniff. I've smelled worse things in my life. The soap quality is excellent for the price. Not sure I will run out to buy it if it should ever be discontinued and could have lived without ever purchasing, but will keep it around.

Thanks for the info! I have both the bowl and stick formats and love both. I will have to try them on back to back days and see if I can pick up on the difference.

Used Tabac for the first time today. Amazing. What a shave! I have a feeling I'll be PIFfing most of my samples and end up regularly using soaps like Tabac, Williams, Arko...I get great shaves from them and then don't really have to worry about the soap scent overpowering the AS scent.

Im relatively new wet shaver. My soaps are

Tabac
Proraso Green
2 Stirling soaps.

Tabac is by far the best for me in terms of slickness and cushion. The smell took a bit to get use to.

Are there other soaps that compare to tabac with the slickness? And cushion?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Oh no you didn’t!!!!

That’s pure beef. 16oz!!!

However, I do have a daughter who is Vegan.
Can’t even cook her tofu burgers on the same pit I do meat!!
I have no idea how she grew up here in Texas not eating animals.
But she’s been that way since 6 or 7 yoa!!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Oh no you didn’t!!!!

That’s pure beef. 16oz!!!

However, I do have a daughter who is Vegan.
Can’t even cook her tofu burgers on the same pit I do meat!!
I have no idea how she grew up here in Texas not eating animals.
But she’s been that way since 6 or 7 yoa!!
The older my son gets, the more impressed I am by the fact that I was wise in reminding myself daily that I was raising a future adult instead of a child. They amaze me how if you let them run free how much they come into their own.

Top Bottom