What's new

Tabac is the best kept secret in shaving

I don't know where you get your information, but everybody knows Tabac is produced in West Germany...
by elves in the Black Forest.

I wouldn't be so sure. Rumours say that it's made in southern Germany by the Nibelungs in there dark underground dungeons where trapped souls have to help them until they will have redeemed themselves so that the gods allow their entrance into Walhall.

I wouldn't be so sure. Rumours say that it's made in southern Germany by the Nibelungs in there dark underground dungeons where trapped souls have to help them until they will have redeemed themselves so that the gods allow their entrance into Walhall.
I would have kept it simple and agree with @razorboi but now that you have mentioned walhalla I am duty bound to bring in correction.
Tabac smells the way it smells because in the greater picture of scheme, it is a precursor to the events leading to ragnarok. The trapped souls you refer to are not really the trapped souls but the ones who will be dressed up by the valkyries when time is ripe to prove a man is man enough to claim admission in walhalla. The nibelungs responsible for ensuring steady supply of tabac to real man are really the benign ones from nidavellir who once helped Odin and produced a thin silk ribbon fetter made from sound of a cat's footfall, beard of a woman, roots of a mountain, sinews of a bear, breath of a fish and spittle of a bird. That strand of silk contained and bound even a monstrous wolf like fenrir, grandfather of Loki. A wolf so great and ferocious that even when bounded in silk fetter, a war god Tyr from the aesir, had his right arm bitten off by that wolf.
Yes, in present time, tabac is that great stuff made by the noble nibelungs. For real men, from the time when they carved the name of Tyr on sword hilt, on blade guard and the blade. For men who settled after the war they did not forget Tyr and lived by honor, justice and courage. They shaved 5 days a week and called a pipsqueak, a pipsqueak when they came across one, without any malice. I am sure, these men have natural claim to admission in Valhalla.

Is Hell Exothermic or Endothermic?

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So, we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let’s look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle’s Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added. This gives two possibilities.

1) If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
2) Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it ? If we accept the postulate given to me by Ms. Therese Banyan during my Freshman year that "It will be a cold night in Hell before I ever use Tabac" and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in getting her to use Tabac, then (2) cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic.

glenn baxter.jpg

I find him obnoxious. Jeremy's first frag for the office is called The Office, and it's a blank bottle with clear juice. The guy has bleach for soul. Very German.

When Germans do weird they do very weird....

I also like the kind of adverts they have...

Husband, entering home from work:

Husband: "Darling I'm home...!"

Wife: "See, Liebling, I have just bought the Alpines Erlebnis refrigerator with the Retropolitan format, through-the-door ice and water dispenser, 2 crispers - humidity controlled, 5 shelves of spill-proof tempered glass, 4 door bins, and 562kW annual Energy Consumption"

Husband: "Wise choice.........!"

Wife: "See, Liebling, I have just bought the Alpines Erlebnis refrigerator with the Retropolitan format, through-the-door ice and water dispenser, 2 crispers - humidity controlled, 5 shelves of spill-proof tempered glass, 4 door bins, and 562kW annual Energy Consumption"

As opposed to the British "that'll do" philosophy. Kinda like British vs German Hi-Fi in its heydays.

Well my Tabac stick came today in time for my pre-gym shave. The lather was a significant step up from my regular Palmolive; much more protective, giving me the best shave I've had to date.

As for the smell, well as someone who has never smoked I should hate it.. but I don't.. I kind of like it, and I definitely felt 27.5% more manly as I caught a whiff of it while I was doing my pullups at the gym. Or maybe that was just the stink from my armpits. But either way, this Tabac stuff is good.

Top Bottom