What's new

Tabac for Christmas

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well, there you go! OP has given a very fair and open-minded review .. finding this superb and classic soap is what it is: one of the best. :thumbup:

I wound up traveling for Christmas with the Tabac stick, so it's a Christmas soap now - for me.

AA

I've been a Tabac fan since I returned to wet shaving some years ago and read a review for it right here. I still have my original jar, and I added a new puck to my Christmas list as a suggestion. I've been using a bunch of other soaps and ran out of the Tabac some time ago. Well, my baby came through (and she got me a new Viking Emperor adjustable razor as well), the new puck is in the old jar and it's heaven again.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Tabac is a good soap no doubt in my mind, I find it strange that they do not come out with a different scent like a Sandal wood or .......... Big mistake on their part IMO. The competition has done a excellent job of giving the shaving community variety & excellence.

I also got my first Tabac for Christmas, compared to my first Dr. Harris Marlborough, also for Christmas. Dr. Harris has little to no scent as to where Tabac has a nice scent that's not overpowering. As far as the lather, they both are great. I definitely would buy Tabac when this one gets low.

Tabac is a good soap no doubt in my mind, I find it strange that they do not come out with a different scent like a Sandal wood or .......... Big mistake on their part IMO. The competition has done a excellent job of giving the shaving community variety & excellence.

Tabac just do the excellence bit.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I'm a Tabac fan as well. I've discovered that I like floral scents (rose, lilac, lavender, carnation), so if a fougere is more floral-like (e.g., RazoRock's Blue Fougere), I'm into it. I find the personal nature of scents (fragrant to some, foul to others) to be really interesting. And in our online world, it really helps to understand your nasal preferences and preferred scent profiles before ordering.

Tabac lasts so long the fragrance fades. It will still be there when lathering but it diminishes considerably. It is a bit 'stark' when new right enough.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I love the shave stick. I will probably buy the Tabac jar next!

I have a jar that I bought from 2012 with the same puck in it. The scent is there, but not that much. I love the performance and the scent didn't bother me either, so it was a win win.

Tabac was the first soap I purchased when I started wet shaving a few years ago. On my 2nd puck at the moment. One of my favorites!

I am wanting to try Tabac, but I noticed it has alcohol in the ingredient and I am afraid it may irritate my skin. Do any of y'all have sensitive skin and if so did you ever notice any irritation when using this soap?

Top Bottom