What's new

Tabac Brotherhood!

I'd like to apply for membership in the Tabac Brotherhood. I picked up a puck a few weeks ago and it is great stuff. Scent? Love it. It is ridiculously easy to lather. What's not to like?

At some point I would like to get the EDC. Any fans here?

I'd like to apply for membership in the Tabac Brotherhood. I picked up a puck a few weeks ago and it is great stuff. Scent? Love it. It is ridiculously easy to lather. What's not to like?

At some point I would like to get the EDC. Any fans here?

ME!

It's all I keep on my dresser any more.

Welcome major_works!

I wear the EdC, and I'd say it has pretty good longevity. Maybe not all day--I'd guess it may depend on how much you apply.

Cool! What kind of longevity do you get from it? I mean, do you smell like grandma's purse all day, or just part of the day? :thumbsup:

It depends on how well I control the bottle! Some days it gets away from me and I get WAY too much. I wouldn't consider that I smell like grandma's purse on those days, more like one of those ranches around Las Vegas!

On a day when everything works right, I'd say several hours at least.

Less is more...

It depends on how well I control the bottle! Some days it gets away from me and I get WAY too much. I wouldn't consider that I smell like grandma's purse on those days, more like one of those ranches around Las Vegas!

On a day when everything works right, I'd say several hours at least.

Less is more...

Several hours sounds good. And to be clear, I mean "Grandma's purse" in a good way. I'm thinking of a melange of lipsticks, cough drops, cash, leather, old Band-aids... all good stuff. ;-)

M

member 119848

I have a stockpile of 5 pucks just to make sure I do not run out of supply...
I wear the Tabac EdT, as well as the deo, and use the shower gel too.
Almost forgot to mention the aftershave balm, Nirvana! However I use another brand for the splash (Tüff). Am I still eligible to join the Tabac Brotherhood? :tongue_sm

Can I join? I picked up a stick in Amsterdam last August, and even using it 5-7 times a week, that first stick is going strong. I have a backup, and just ordered a bottle of the A/S last week.

I love the scent, as does SWMBO.

I have a stockpile of 5 pucks just to make sure I do not run out of supply...
I wear the Tabac EdT, as well as the deo, and use the shower gel too.
Almost forgot to mention the aftershave balm, Nirvana! However I use another brand for the splash (Tüff). Am I still eligible to join the Tabac Brotherhood? :tongue_sm

Absolutely, Fabi, and welcome! I'd say you are using more Tabac products than I am (shave soap in a bowl, shaving stick, EdC and Aftershave lotion).

Can I join? I picked up a stick in Amsterdam last August, and even using it 5-7 times a week, that first stick is going strong. I have a backup, and just ordered a bottle of the A/S last week.

I love the scent, as does SWMBO.

Welcome, Trent! IMHO, if you love and use at least one Tabac product, you're onboard.

I'm late but I'm here, new this year. Already have two backup refills and the aftershave. Deodorant and cologne to follow shortly. Once I commit, there's no turning back. I'm looking at all my other stuff, and wondering why?. I could easily ride Tabac into the sunset.

I think I probably qualify for the Brotherhood of Tabac.

After a serious case of RAD back in '08, I relegated myself to one soap. So for ten years plus a bit (January of 09 to Feb 4 of 19), I used exclusively Tabac shave stick for every single shave during those years.

I'm a face latherer, as I travel for work. So no bowl, and no puck. So the stick it was. It was a bit difficult to find in the early years, so the last time I found a decent price on the stick, I stocked up. I'm down to four sticks from that purchase. :)

I'd guess I've gone through about four sticks per year (one every three months, since I shave daily), so I've 3017'd about 40 sticks or so.

I'm currently sampling other soaps, and Tabac is the standard to which they must meet to even be considered a potential rotation candidate. The only reason I'm even considering using other soaps over Tabac is that even ten years plus down the road, I don't really care for the scent (I call it a "smell"). So *if* I can find a soap that performs equal to or better than Tabac, it'll be replaced/supplemented. Luckily, the wife likes the smell.

When I first started using Tabac, it was strictly based on performance. I switched to straight razor shaving when home for work, and lubrication was top dog. Of all the soaps I used back then, Tabac was tops in lubrication. So I plugged my nose, and selected Tabac for the long haul.

Today I read a post stating that the formulation for the Tabac stick is different (and better) than the formula used for the puck soap. Interesting... I've never tried the puck. Now my curiosity is piqued enough to break down and buy the ceramic jar... it's not like it'll go unused. ;)

So yeah.. with nose firmly plugged, I wish my fellow Brotherhood of Tabac shavers many great shaves.

Top Bottom