What's new

Should I move my soaps?

Hi there. Well, my shave den is in a room on the second floor, which gets kind of hot during summer (40 C). I have hard soaps (SV, Tabac, DR Harris, etc) which I’m pretty sure won’t have problems, but I’m concerned about my softer soaps (Zingari, Stirling, PAA, and some creams). I never introduced water in the tubs since I use a scoop. Could they go bad due to heat in summer? Should I move them to the first floor, where it’s cooler? Thanks

Reactions: Kix
Sounds like you should cue in the AZ folk. Casa Grande (PAA) is actually one of the hottest places I had ever visited; while I worked for Abbott.

Where I am in SoCal, it regularly reaches +100F in the summer. Nothing crazily sustained like Phoenix or Dallas, but under a sink in my bathroom (downstairs Master) my creams and softer soaps in rotation are fine. My main out of rotation storage is upstairs in my office, again all fine in a cabinet. Out of direct heat and/or sun and you probably will not have issue.

I have had issues with a couple Preshaves which had “melted” and did not congeal back to normal state; even with time spent refrigerated.

Last edited:
Sounds like you should cue in the AZ folk. Casa Grande (PAA) is actually one of the hottest places I had ever visited; while I worked for Abbott.

Where I am in SoCal, it regularly reaches +100F in the summer. Nothing crazily sustained like Phoenix or Dallas, but under a sink in my bathroom my creams and softer soaps in rotation are fine. My main out of rotation storage is upstairs in my office, again all fine in a cabinet. Out of direct heat and/or sun and you probably will not have issue.

I have had issues with a couple Preshaves which had “melted” and did not congeal back to normal state; even with time spent refrigerated.

Thank you. They are not in direct sun, stored on shelves. However the room does get hot from midday to evening. I guess I should move them downstairs during summer even if it’s just to be safe. I will leave just an Arko stick upstairs for the mosquitoes

Thank you. They are not in direct sun, stored on shelves. However the room does get hot from midday to evening. I guess I should move them downstairs during summer even if it’s just to be safe. I will leave just an Arko stick upstairs for the mosquitoes
Leaving a stick of ARKO vertical maybe a good canary in your coal mine…

I’ve found it to be pretty malleable so maybe a good control variable?

Hi there. Well, my shave den is in a room on the second floor, which gets kind of hot during summer (40 C). I have hard soaps (SV, Tabac, DR Harris, etc) which I’m pretty sure won’t have problems, but I’m concerned about my softer soaps (Zingari, Stirling, PAA, and some creams). I never introduced water in the tubs since I use a scoop. Could they go bad due to heat in summer? Should I move them to the first floor, where it’s cooler? Thanks

40C definitely too warm for most soaps, creams, other cosmetic stuff.

Top Bottom