What's new

Tabac Brotherhood!

So ... It seems that this brotherhood has gone a little quiet. I'll assume that everyone is locked in the darkened bathroom sniffing their Tabac bowl or stick.

I shaved DE for about 5 years and never heard of Tabac. Only uses artisanal soaps and mass market creams. Then I found B&B and listened to the love/hate people shouted about Tabac. About a year ago I decided to experience all these polarizing soaps and have now tried Arko, Tabac, and Cella.

The Cella just doesn't do it for me. Not as all.

The Arko is a winner (card carrying member of the Cult of Arko) with great performance and ease of lathering.

The Tabac was not an instant win for me. Great lather and great post-shave feel. Though ... I must admit that the first two times I tried it I was put off by the "smell" and stuck it in the back of the drawer for a few weeks. After that I had to give it one more chance before PIFing it, and ... WOW! Did the scent mellow and develop in storage, or did my sense of smell get rebooted? I love the scent (as does the Mrs.). And long lasting? 3-4 Tabac shaves a week and I've barely made a dent.

Needless to say, with my SRAD (Straight Razor Acquisition Disorder) and SEAD (Single Edge), I consistently reach for Tabac when trying out a new razor (that means very frequently indeed). If anything is wonky, I know it's the razor because the Tabac is a sure thing. (And it couldn't be my technique, right?)

So, does using Tabac soap on a regular basis, and regularly extolling it's virtues to any that will listen, qualify me to be considered a Tabacholic?

Did I mention I need to get a hold of the aftershave next?

Tabac on the brush, of course.
IMG_20200208_072945-01.jpeg

Interested in others' experiences...

I've been using a refill puck of Tabac in a reused tub. Bought a fancy wooden soap bowl and thought I'd move the Tabac into it. When I went to "pry" the solid puck out, I found it was softened all the way through. I essentially ended up scooping Tabac "cream" into the wooden bowl.

So, do others find that their "hard soaps" change phases to another state of matter over regular use and the passage of time?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Yup!
Exactly as you found yours.
Water soaks through to the bottom and doesn’t dry up fully so that’s what you have. As you get nearer the bottom it begins to dry.

Interested in others' experiences...

I've been using a refill puck of Tabac in a reused tub. Bought a fancy wooden soap bowl and thought I'd move the Tabac into it. When I went to "pry" the solid puck out, I found it was softened all the way through. I essentially ended up scooping Tabac "cream" into the wooden bowl.

So, do others find that their "hard soaps" change phases to another state of matter over regular use and the passage of time?
Same thing with any hard soap I use often, I can imprint a fingerprint into my MWF rather easily.

Thank you everyone, I loves me some Tabac!

Milk glass and soap puck
Shave stick
Deodorant
AS (for scent only, don’t use AS)
EDC (I get orange peels from this one!)

Just arrived
IMG_20200312_211845-01.jpeg
That makes the soap, the EdC, and now the aftershave. Hoping the aftershave is more like the soap than like the EdC... I'll find out tomorrow!

Top Bottom