What's new

Tabac Aftershave is the finest fragrance in the whole world ever.

Tabac Aftershave smells better than anything else in the world....
There is nothing better...
Does anyone know of a finer scent?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I like to follow up a shave with Tabac soap with the aftershave and EdT. Many prefer the splash cologne, saying the EdT doesn't smell exactly the same, but it's close enough for me.

Doesn't get much better for a colder weather set up.

The EDT is slightly different from the Aftershave yes. The Aftershave is slightly nicer. I agree and I still like the EDT.

It's definitely near the top of the list! I wouldn't want to use one single aftershave every day though, gotta throw in some Clubman, Aqua Velva, and Fine!

Beware the Tabac Aftershave Splash does
proxy.php

While I too love Tabac shave soap and AS, I'll put Spanish Aqua Velva, Swiss Pitralon, & Clubman Special Reserve above Tabac. But this is just me. Everyone's mileage varies.

It's also my favourite too
I bought a 300ml bottle from Perfumeria TinTin in Magalluf when my Dad moved over here in Easter 2005 and wore it every night
Whenever I came over here to visit him, I'd splash on the Tabac before going out at night
When I moved over here in Easter 2006, the bottle of Tabac ended up forgotten about in the cupboard under the bathroom sink

When I went back to DE shaving in November 2014, I dug out the bottle of Tabac - it was still good to go even after 8 years
Now I only ever use it as an occasional treat when I'm going out at night, usually after lathering up with a Tabac soap stick

Whenever I get the slightest whiff of Tabac, I have flashbacks of...............
Sitting at a table outside Las Palmeras restaurant eating Lobster Bellavista
Going to gigs in various bars in Magalluf and Santa Ponsa
Drinking large amounts of Captain Morgan Spiced & Coke
Pouring myself into a cab at 4am, eating a quick Doner kebab to soak up the alcohol and then drinking bottles of Becks until 6am
Drinking coffee from 6am 'til 10am to sober up before crashing out

I associate the scent of Tabac with happy days and holidays

It's my favourite, but I only use it occasionally - that way I enjoy it all the more

It's ok for me. There are other AS that I enjoy much more. The scent is too flowery & powdery for my taste. I have to be in the mood for it.

I prefer Clubman, Clubman SR, Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, Old Spice, Proraso & Floid Suave way more. That said, I made some Tabac-Williams soap that I will use for the 1st time this AM and finish it off with the AS.

I really like the scent of Tabac (both the soap and the AS). It is definitely in my top 10. However, there are a few things that I like better: Florida Water, Pinaud Clubman, Clubman Special Reserve, Aqua Velva Ice Blue, & Fine Santal Absolut.

Thanks for your input everyone. I really enjoyed adamchur's nostalgic tale. Smells can really take you back to a specific moment.
I wont bore you with details but ex girlfriend's perfumes can remind me of good times/bad times when a stranger walks past wearing one of them. Also adamchur...there really is nothing like a Doner Kebab after a boozing sesh. They are mandatory for some reason. Nothing else will do. Plenty of chilli sauce on mine.

While I enjoy other AS too... Tabac has quickly become one of my favorites!! The one I use most though is Old Spice....

Thanks for your input everyone. I really enjoyed adamchur's nostalgic tale. Smells can really take you back to a specific moment.
I wont bore you with details but ex girlfriend's perfumes can remind me of good times/bad times when a stranger walks past wearing one of them. Also adamchur...there really is nothing like a Doner Kebab after a boozing sesh. They are mandatory for some reason. Nothing else will do. Plenty of chilli sauce on mine.

I have to second the after drinking consumption of Doner Kebab.... its a must in Germany. Nothing better!!!:thumbup1:

Did you hear about the Kebab shop owner who was so obsessed with his Kebab business that he was buried with all his catering equipment?

He's turning in his grave!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
"Chuck Norris' sweat" ... I can bathe in the cologne, but swear it's gone couple hours later ... it is a quintessential scent.

AA :c2: The Beatles wore it! :a5:

Actually if you are game, and brave enough, try an alternate take 50% Tabac, and 50% Pinaud Lilac Vegetal decant in glass for a few weeks and the result is a mind altering experience. Join us in the Knights of the Veg table Order of TabacaVeg. :thumbup::lol:

proxy.php

If you enjoy the aftershave then try the EDC Spray, to me the EDC smells just how I remember it during the mid 1960's.

Top Bottom