What's new

Tabac Aftershave is the finest fragrance in the whole world ever.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
For a moment, I was afraid there actually WAS such a thing.

(whew)

Once I blended the Veg with Lime Sec... "Lime Veg." It was almost tolerable.

Then I added the miserable stuff to Osage Rub for "Frozen Veg." Another mistake.

AA

For a moment, I was afraid there actually WAS such a thing.

(whew)

Once I blended the Veg with Lime Sec... "Lime Veg." It was almost tolerable.

Then I added the miserable stuff to Osage Rub for "Frozen Veg." Another mistake.

AA

No Actually there is Mike, we have it circulating , I think there is about 5 of us that are using not only the TabacaVegshave soap, but also the Aftershave Cologne. The tabac takes away the funkiness of the Veg, and the veg adds a lilac note to the Tabac. together it is actually a very nice frag if decanted in glass for a few weeks. They really do work well together.... I mean Grandmas and Cats. What could be a better marriage:lol:... and yes that was a bottle of it in the photo, LOL

Yes your worst nightmare has become a living breathing thing... and it is wonderful

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never smelled Tabac but I always assumed that it just smelled like tobacco, hence the name. For me, my favorite scents are from a few artisan soaps that I have. I also think that Executive Man from Stirling is a great aftershave scent. These scents blow any other mass produced cologne, soap, or aftershave that I've smelled totally out of the water.

It's also my favourite too
I bought a 300ml bottle from Perfumeria TinTin in Magalluf when my Dad moved over here in Easter 2005 and wore it every night
Whenever I came over here to visit him, I'd splash on the Tabac before going out at night
When I moved over here in Easter 2006, the bottle of Tabac ended up forgotten about in the cupboard under the bathroom sink

When I went back to DE shaving in November 2014, I dug out the bottle of Tabac - it was still good to go even after 8 years
Now I only ever use it as an occasional treat when I'm going out at night, usually after lathering up with a Tabac soap stick

Whenever I get the slightest whiff of Tabac, I have flashbacks of...............
Sitting at a table outside Las Palmeras restaurant eating Lobster Bellavista
Going to gigs in various bars in Magalluf and Santa Ponsa
Drinking large amounts of Captain Morgan Spiced & Coke
Pouring myself into a cab at 4am, eating a quick Doner kebab to soak up the alcohol and then drinking bottles of Becks until 6am
Drinking coffee from 6am 'til 10am to sober up before crashing out

I associate the scent of Tabac with happy days and holidays

It's my favourite, but I only use it occasionally - that way I enjoy it all the more

CAPTAIN MORGAN!?!?!?!??? With all that Tabac, lobster and luxury, I certainly would never stoop so low as to drink that cheap stuff son! For where you were at and living it up, you should have been drinking the good stuff like: Zacapa, Mount Gay, Pyrate or Appleton's estates rums! Then followed by a nice cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain or 100% Kona at the very least!!!!
:lol::lol::lol:

CAPTAIN MORGAN!?!?!?!??? With all that Tabac, lobster and luxury, I certainly would never stoop so low as to drink that cheap stuff son! For where you were at and living it up, you should have been drinking the good stuff like: Zacapa, Mount Gay, Pyrate or Appleton's estates rums! Then followed by a nice cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain or 100% Kona at the very least!!!!
:lol::lol::lol:

In Magalluf, Captain Morgan is regarded as good stuff.....
Most bars serve rotgut like Captain Huk or Ron Tobacco rums, Rushkinoff vodka, Palmbridge gin or DYC whisky - basically just flavoured alcohol either with or without a bit of caramel to give it colour
Guaranteed to give you a pounding headache, churning guts and a hoarse voice when you wake up (and wish that you hadn't) the next day

Luckily the Spanish and most of the Expats have got enough sense to drink Brugal, Barcelo or Havana Club rum, Absolut vodka, Bombay Sapphire gin or J&B or Ballentines whisky - while laughing at the tourists who are making fools of themselves drinking the cheap stuff

By a merciful act of nature, the cheap Spanish brandies like Veterano, Soberano or Carlos III aren't too harsh and are similar to French pouring brands like Courvoisier, Martell or Hennessy

IMHO, The quality Spanish brandies like Lepanto, Cardenal Mendoza and Carlos I - correctly served in a warmed balloon glass all knock spots off French brandies like Remy Martin VSOP

Jamaican Blue Mountain, "Drip" or French Press coffees are all virtually unheard of in Spain
Every bar has an Espresso style machine and generally serve a freshly ground blend of Natural and Torrefacto coffee beans
Due to a national shortage of coffee beans in the late 1930s, they started to spray sugar water onto the beans before roasting, this acted as a preservative and also increased the weight, both of which made the limited supplies of coffee last longer.
It also resulted in jet black and shiny beans and a very strong flavour
Slowly but surely more and more natural beans were added to the mix, and now most blends are around 70% Natural 30% Torrefacto - although some supermarket blends are 50/50
They're slowly beginning to come around to natural coffee beans, but Torrefacto has been firmly in the Spanish palate for nearly 80 years and most people find natural beans to be a bit bland

Tabac Aftershave smells better than anything else in the world....
There is nothing better...
Does anyone know of a finer scent?

This is a very good question... I enjoy the shaving soap, bath gel, bath soap, aftershave, cologne and deodorant in the glass spray bottle. They're all a bit different from each other, but the Tabac DNA is everywhere in my bathroom.

I must admit to a fondness for just fired paper hulled shotgun shells.
Oh man!!!! I never thought of that, but you're absolutely correct!!!!! I must contact Pinaud's chemists and order them to discover and produce that manly scent!!!! That is brilliant!!!!

I bought Tabac splash a few weeks ago and enjoy the scent, but I find it
quite fleeting. I have two other Tobacco scented a/s's, Mickey Lee Grand Havana
and Wet Shaving products Tobacco and seem to enjoy them a little better than
my Tabac. I can't really explain Tabac, but it just smells "commercial" to me.

I bought Tabac splash a few weeks ago and enjoy the scent, but I find it
quite fleeting. I have two other Tobacco scented a/s's, Mickey Lee Grand Havana
and Wet Shaving products Tobacco and seem to enjoy them a little better than
my Tabac. I can't really explain Tabac, but it just smells "commercial" to me.

Don't forget that Tabac is the scent of the tobacco flower, not the leaf. They're quite different. I love PAA Cavendish, which smells like a fresh tin of Cavendish pipe tobacco, but is completely different from Tabac.

A little eye candy for you

$20160413_095236.jpg

original on the left well 1970s

Nope Aaron, real as can be and changing the face of Human evolution, LOL Right now I think there is about 8-9 gents using the magical elixir, LOL

Well, I don't know about evolution, Dave, but maybe you've found an exception to the old saying, "Two wrongs don't make a right"! :laugh:

Well, I don't know about evolution, Dave, but maybe you've found an exception to the old saying, "Two wrongs don't make a right"! :laugh:

ROFL, you should try it mellows very nicely with all the wonderous goodness of Tabac and the Magical properties of the Veg, sans Feline influence and Bus station urinal pucks:lol:

Interesting... I have been looking for an alternative splash and/or balm which goes well with Tabac soap. I use Nivea every shave, so I was looking to branch out a little bit. :001_smile

Top Bottom