What's new

Supply: The Single Edge V2!

I have the v1 in matte and it's great. Don't see any need for the one or two dot plates. chick blades work great

The ONLY downside that I see is that it doesn't take twin blades. Well, I haven't been able to jam them in there. If you are after one nugget of awesome with regard to injectors, it would be to try the twin blades. Easy to get from Japan. Another level of shave.
Saw this post about that subject, enjoy.
Supply Provision V1 with Twin Injector Blade

Received my V1. Looks and feels good; I like the idea of a CNC machined piece of stainless. Another member did some modifications that I may try as well (but by all means stop me if it is a bad idea). For a start, do I have the names of the V1 anatomy in the picture correct?

BBsupplyv1.jpg

Supply Provision shave this morning with the v2 3dot plate and a cut down Kai Pink blade.

Once again I’m totally wowed out by this razor and it must be my very best shaving safety razor along with the OCMM and the 2011 R41.

Looking through this and related threads it would seem that many people find the Supply to be unremarkable or even a poor shaver but there are a few like me who find it to be amongst the best razors they’ve ever used.
I wonder why there is such a big variety of widely differing reactions to this razor?
YMMV of course but the Supply seems to be an extreme case of this.

Anyway just for today it’s top shaver #1 here in Devon:
EECD48FB-5296-4CDC-AE45-681B3BE73931.jpeg

The only razors I have left are the Colonial General SS and the Supply SE V2. Those are the two best razors for me. I use the General more regularly and the Supply more intermittently, but they work the best for me.

Quick question for those using cut down AC style blades, do you have a specific way of inserting these into the razor or something? Interested in trying this on a few injectors I have but wonder if you load them in a magazine first like typical injector blades would come and then load into razor or load them right into the razor by hand possibly?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Quick question for those using cut down AC style blades, do you have a specific way of inserting these into the razor or something? Interested in trying this on a few injectors I have but wonder if you load them in a magazine first like typical injector blades would come and then load into razor or load them right into the razor by hand possibly?

Thanks!
I use a pair of tin snips to cut the AC blade to the correct length using an Injector Blade as a template.
Then in the Supply I unscrew the plate and load the blade by hand.

It’s a simple matter to load them into a magazine to inject into vintage razors too as with the Proline B blades.

Awesome! And oh yeah...forgot about the head coming unscrewed for the Supply which makes this super easy then to use other blades for this. Are there any AC blades that don't work based on different thickness compared to an injector blades like say the ProGuard or the Supers?

Thanks!

Well I must say that the Supply is most excellent for head shaving too.
In a bit of a rush this morning after last nights works Xmas do and the 3dot plate with a cut down Kai Pink blade did an effortless and fantastic job:
B2193475-0B0C-4C66-8CB2-B190BD253554.jpeg

And I agree my first shave with the Personna PTFE has left my skin most irritated.
I wonder if subsequent shaves on the blade will be any better once the coating has worn off...
I've shaved 2x now with the Supply 2.0. The first shave with the blade it came installed with and a plate #2 was terrible. I installed a new blade and while it was better, the shave was still not great. Going to step up to plate #3 tomorrow and see how it goes. Not impressed so far.

"Say HELLO to Razorburn!"
Typing this now with a shredded face yet again. I wanted it to work, but the Supply V2 is the worst razor I have ever used. It tears my face to shreds no matter how light the strokes or base plate. Waaaayyy too much blade exposure. I don't notice any difference between the plates at all. All I feel is the sharp blade cutting off every little bump and imperfection like a samurai sword. No, I'm NOT applying pressure, I can get a decent shave from an R41. This is an inferior design.
2 shaves in with it and I'm with you. My DE razors are way smoother so far.

They now have a lighter alloy version which they describe as 'Zinc Alloy'. Being lighter than stainless I was interested so messaged them about the weight difference. Stainless=105g, Zinc Alloy=95g, so not much in it.

I should have enquired about the Zinc Alloy, which sounds suspiciously like Zamak. I didn't bother because I lost interest with the 95g weight.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I enjoy a vintage Schick injector from time to time. And I have over a dozen examples. So I am very familiar with the various blades and the correct technique. When the original Supply V1 was announced, I jumped on the initial campaign. I enjoy the format of the V1, but never really got a great shave with it. When V2 came out, I was deluded by thinking it would be any better. I have tried all three plates, and get nothing but varying levels of razor burn. Neither version really loads the blade well, and I have to load them by hand for fear of destroying the edge during the loading process. I have no idea why I keep these razors, but the collector in me isn’t ready to give up on them or sell them.

Top Bottom