What's new

Suggest soft feeling not scratchy shaving brushes for shaving head and face

If you want to keep this very simple just get a synthetic Yaqi as a starter brush. For head and face I'd suggest 26mm or even 28mm, not less. The Tuxedo and Timber Wolf knots are equally good. You don't need a stand with synthetics - they dry easily. You can look at other options at a later date. You have to start somewhere.

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

I agree that a good 36mm Yaqi syn would be great start however, having a stand is something you'll eventually need especially if youlll6bee needing to dry natural hair brushes.

Cheers,

Mawashi

I agree that a good 26mm Yaqi syn would be great start however, having a stand is something you'll eventually need especially if you'll be needing to dry natural hair brushes. Cheers, Mawashi

A Yaqi synthetic will start you off, and as above natural hair will require a stand and more thought about which brushes to get. Most on this forum have more than one brush.

A Yaqi synthetic will start you off, and as above natural hair will require a stand and more thought about which brushes to get. Most on this forum have more than one brush.

Unlike Omegas which have a ridiculous number of models, Yaqi has some rather basic models, most are 24mm 2 band or Silvertips in fan or bulb so it's not that hard to choose a first badger. Since the op said he prefers a non skirtchy brush, the rainbow and mysterious space Silvertip are proven performers.

Mawashi

Unlike Omegas which have a ridiculous number of models, Yaqi has some rather basic models, most are 24mm 2 band or Silvertips in fan or bulb so it's not that hard to choose a first badger. Since the op said he prefers a non skirtchy brush, the rainbow and mysterious space Silvertip are proven performers.

Mawashi
I also want a brush that exfoliates. Btw what is exfoliation, exactly? Which types of brushes exfoliate?

I also want a brush that exfoliates. Btw what is exfoliation, exactly? Which types of brushes exfoliate?

Brushes are not scrubs so it's not like you're going to get a facial. The brush is just meant to lightly cleanse the skin and prep the hairs bt hydrating the skin and hairs so shaving gets easier.

If you wanted some exfoliating properties, a 2 band badger like these

US $20 | Yaqi 24MM Two Band Badger Hair Shaving Brush
US $20 | Yaqi 24MM Two Band Badger Hair Shaving Brush

I even found this to do the job well and does give me a nice if rather soft scrub:
US $6 | Yaqi Defect Handle Special Offer Shaving Brush With Tuxedo Synthetic Hair Knot
US $6 | Yaqi Defect Handle Special Offer Shaving Brush With Tuxedo Synthetic Hair Knot

However, if you wanted to a brush that can scrub (it can be a bit rough initially until broken in) an omega 10049 and 10104 are very decent brushes. My vote goes to the badgers and the Black tux though.

Mawashi

You should use face scrub for this, not more than 3 times a week

My cheapo exfoliating system. Hand towel and facial scrub during a shower. It preps my face for any kidda shave including straights lol.

A brush should just be a brush :)

Mawashi

How is Omega 11126? I also want to know is buying from alibaba store of yaqi by paying with credit card safe? And it says it takes almost 3 weeks or more to get a single brush or any item from this site shipped to you in usa? Has this been your experience?

How is Omega 11126? I also want to know is buying from alibaba store of yaqi by paying with credit card safe? And it says it takes almost 3 weeks or more to get a single brush or any item from this site shipped to you in usa? Has this been your experience?

Baldinggettingold,

First off exfoliating your face n head pre shave is nothing more than scrubbing your face n head with a hand towel soaked with facial soap... There's really nothing to it.

The 11126 is and excellent brush but it's a tad small for both head n face shaving.

A 24mm badger I will work for both head n face as it can really lather up a ton fast. A 24mm boar might not and I'll rather u use a n omega 10049, 011842 or 10048 for that.

Yes it's take a while before the brushes arrive from Yaqi however, non of us have any issues paying via aliexpress and Ms Chen is one of the very best customer service managers I've dealt with.

Go check out all the posts on Yaqi.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

Baldinggettingold,

First off exfoliating your face n head pre shave is nothing more than scrubbing your face n head with a hand towel soaked with facial soap... There's really nothing to it.

The 11126 is and excellent brush but it's a tad small for both head n face shaving.

A 24mm badger I will work for both head n face as it can really lather up a ton fast. A 24mm boar might not and I'll rather u use a n omega 10049, 011842 or 10048 for that.

Yes it's take a while before the brushes arrive from Yaqi however, non of us have any issues paying via aliexpress and Ms Chen is one of the very best customer service managers I've dealt with.

Go check out all the posts on Yaqi.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi
So it is safe to use credit card to buy from aliexpress? Aliexpress is alibaba correct?

I've no issues so far. Furthermore the system is very robust you don't like the item, merchants will either refund or resend u another.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi
After making payment with credit card I got this from aliexpress.com
Payment for Order no. ******** has been accepted.

Currently, your payment is 'Being Verified'. After verification, the supplier will begin to process your order.
During this time, you are unable to do any operation on your order.

After making payment with credit card I got this from aliexpress.com
Payment for Order no. ******** has been accepted.

Currently, your payment is 'Being Verified'. After verification, the supplier will begin to process your order.
During this time, you are unable to do any operation on your order.

Yes n no cos if there's any issue, you can message the Co and contact Ms Chen. She's the problem solver lol.

Happy shaves and pls update us.

Mawashi

Top Bottom