What's new

Suggest soft feeling not scratchy shaving brushes for shaving head and face

https://www.aliexpress.com/af/shavi...66030203&isViewCP=y&jump=afs&switch_new_app=y
Is this a trustworthy web site. It is selling yaqi brand shaving brushes but it does not seem to be an American company based in US. Has anyone bought from them?

Hi Baldinggettingold,

You've stumbled upon what is arguably the best value badger and syn brush site there is. If you did a search for Yaqi you'll find that 99.5% love Yaqi brushes lol.

Nav has perhaps close to 60, I have around 20 Yaqi the difference is Nav prefers the syns while I prefer badgers.

If you wanted a great combo so you don't wear one out, especially the badger I'll whole heartily recommend the rainbow syn (R1821) the mysterious space Silvertip (R1731B1)
7638365571063067895e2125e45f54c3.jpg

Zero skirtch and large enough to for head and face shaving.

I'll wait for the Nov 11 sale as you'll be able to get it at around 50% off.

Cheers,

Mawashi

Someone mentioned the Yaqi Timber Wolf - I have that in 26mm and Tuxedo in 28mm. Both would be excellent for your needs. Synthetics are really easy to use and produce great lather. No smell, no break in, no need to wet in advance or wait for the brush to dry.

For both face and head I'd use 26mm or 28mm in synthetic. Yaqi as good as any.

Ends of the boar bristles split after a month? You mean the ends break off? And I have then have to discard them?
How is this brush someone recommended?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002V40IS2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AZVQLLTVWBGUR&psc=1

I have this brush myself and i can highly recommend it. I face lather and head lather exclusively, no bowl, and it is my go to brush. I just recently started rotating my badger and synth with it but it still lathers better and is as soft as my badger after it got broken in.

I have this brush myself and i can highly recommend it. I face lather and head lather exclusively, no bowl, and it is my go to brush. I just recently started rotating my badger and synth with it but it still lathers better and is as soft as my badger after it got broken in.
How did you break it in?

Honestly, so many suggestions, have left me confused as to what are the best deals in the price range for me regarding head and face brush! First synthetic or boar or badger? I am even seeing horse hair brushes made by Vielong company. Which one brush can do both the head and face shaving?

OP asked for a good “water holding” brush. I’m surprised by all the recommendations for synthetics, which are not known for their water holding qualities.

Honestly, so many suggestions, have left me confused as to what are the best deals in the price range for me regarding head and face brush! First synthetic or boar or badger? Which one brush can do both the head and face shaving?

I'm afraid you won't get a single answer, any more than you'll ever get the answer to "what's the best DE blade". What you will get is some recommending synthetics, some recommending badger and some recommending boar. That's because shavers are divided about which they prefer. All three will do the job. If you want to find out which one you personally prefer you'll have to try all three. Or maybe one synthetic and one animal hair. The only other dimension is whether for other reasons you do or don't want to use animal products.

I just got a 22 mm maggard ultra high density. I set it at about 45 mm loft, and it’s still extremely soft. They are fairly pricey for knots, but if you’re looking for a good water holding brush with very soft tips, I could recommend them.

I have not tried any so I don’t know. I wanted a brush for both head and face shaving that holds water, soft not scratchy. Do I also need a brush stand to hold brush and bowl to lather shaving cream/soap too?

I have not tried any so I don’t know. I wanted a brush for both head and face shaving that holds water, soft not scratchy. Do I also need a brush stand to hold brush and bowl to lather shaving cream/soap too?

It's advisable to get a cheap Yaqi stand like this:
IMG_20190708_195018.jpg

For head and face shaving I'll say get a 24mm knot at least.

And I'll stand behind the Yaqi rainbow and Silvertips cos they simply work great.
This is just half the lather made by another friend in the board.
20190802_080129.jpg

Mawashi

It's advisable to get a cheap Yaqi stand like this:
View attachment 1004548

For head and face shaving I'll say get a 24mm knot at least.

And I'll stand behind the Yaqi rainbow and Silvertips cos they simply work great.
This is just half the lather made by another friend in the board.
View attachment 1004549

Mawashi
If you could give the link to the stand that would really help. I cannot find it on the site.
What is confusing is that there are so many brushes in synthetics, badger, boar and they all seem to look so alike and there is no description as to what differentiates them from each other, knots are same, silver badgers sell by same maker sell at different prices, nothing to tell whats the difference amongst them.

I have one of each synth, pure badger and boar and barely have $40 total tied up in them. The synth and badger are from West Coast Shaving and the boar is the Omega I posted about before from amazon when it was $12. I like all 3 equally and any of them would serve your purpose.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

If you could give the link to the stand that would really help. I cannot find it on the site.
What is confusing is that there are so many brushes in synthetics, badger, boar and they all seem to look so alike and there is no description as to what differentiates them from each other, knots are same, silver badgers sell by same maker sell at different prices, nothing to tell whats the difference amongst them.

Agree about the need for better description.

Anyway I took a pic of the brushes to see if they fit on the stand. They do.
IMG_20190803_163425.jpg

The stand:
US $10 | Yaqi Shaving Stand 4 prongs for 24mm 26mm 28mm Shaving Brushes
US $10 | Yaqi Shaving Stand 4 prongs for 24mm 26mm 28mm Shaving Brushes

The rainbow
US $14.86 | Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic Hair Shaving Brushes
US $14.86 | Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic Hair Shaving Brushes

The mysterious space Silvertip bulb knot
US $30 | 24MM Yaqi Mysterious Space Color Handle Silvertip Badger Hair Knot Men Shaving Brushes
US $30 | 24MM Yaqi Mysterious Space Color Handle Silvertip Badger Hair Knot Men Shaving Brushes

The mysterious space Silvertip fan knot
US $30 | 24MM Yaqi Mysterious Space Color Handle Silvertip Badger Hair Fan Shape Knot Men Shaving Brushes
US $30 | 24MM Yaqi Mysterious Space Color Handle Silvertip Badger Hair Fan Shape Knot Men Shaving Brushes

The black marble Silvertip
US $31 | Yaqi 24MM Shaving Brush Silvertip Badger
US $31 | Yaqi 24MM Shaving Brush Silvertip Badger

If you have any questions about these brushes or stand I'll try n answer them.

Cheers,

Mawashi

Top Bottom