What's new

Submerging (badger) brush totally in water??

Hi

I see Manic leaves his whole brush in the sink to soak in some of his videos rather than leaving it ina cup like most other tutorials I have seen. Is dunking you whole brush in the water (submerged) bad for the inside of the brush - so should you just submerge the brisles in a cup with the brush stood upwards... I have a badger if it makes any difference....

Hope that makes sense, wrote it in a rush

Thanks guys...

It's fine to submerge the whole brush in water. Just avoid scalding hot water.

Many DE shavers who use the brush and a soap/cream let the brush soak in warm water while they're showering or getting ready to shave.

You stick the brush in bristles-first, so that the handle (or top of the handle) is out of water. (Not that it would damage anything if it was all the way in the water, but you don't burn your fingers if you can grasph the brush handle).

You also don't want to jam the brush in so that the bristles get bent/broken. This picture shows (generally) how my brush looks in a mug:

proxy.php

When you're done, you want to clean it under warm water to get all the soap out, shake it vigorously to get excess water off, then you want to either: set it on it's handle to dry or hang it to dry.

It's fine to submerge the whole brush in water. Just avoid scalding hot water.

Many DE shavers who use the brush and a soap/cream let the brush soak in warm water while they're showering or getting ready to shave.

You stick the brush in bristles-first, so that the handle (or top of the handle) is out of water. (Not that it would damage anything if it was all the way in the water, but you don't burn your fingers if you can grasph the brush handle).

You also don't want to jam the brush in so that the bristles get bent/broken. This picture shows (generally) how my brush looks in a mug:

When you're done, you want to clean it under warm water to get all the soap out, shake it vigorously to get excess water off, then you want to either: set it on it's handle to dry or hang it to dry.

Good info.

You'll also want to clean your brush regularly to get any build up of soap out. I clean my brush once a month with vinegar and then shampoo.

Top Bottom