What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

It's here, it's here!
JMP Imperial measured at 15/16 with ivory scales and a brass wedge
$uploadfromtaptalk1412451276303.jpg

I received one this week that will need to be restored. Would this be considered a near wedge, or would it be some other grind? Any thoughts?

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

-- Sammy

Last edited:
Just got this in the mail today. It might not be new to this forum, but new to me. It's my first 7/8 straight. I got it from hig789, I hope he doesn't mind me using his pics. I haven't busted out the iPhone camera yet, been to busy idolizing it. This thing is HUGE.
$W&B.jpg

Last edited:
Just as a follow up I did contact the maker of the razor and to paraphrase his answer he said that the M3 Mokume is definitely not brittle or something to be concerned with. I have no reason to doubt him. He said he will be shipping my razor tomorrow so I expect to be shaving with it soon. :001_smile

--Jerome

Speaking from experience, m3 can be brittle even under reasonable pressure but good enough for razor scales... In my case it didn't survive a fall or even really tight pinning .... But if the scales are thick it should be okay

I understand what you're saying, but I trust the maker of the razor. He is very well respected on this forum and he assured me that the scales are not brittle, and I have no reason to doubt him.

--Jerome

Scored a couple on eBay recently. The Friodur I just got in the mail today, but haven't shaved with it yet. It was listed as used, but if the seller had listed it as NOS I wouldn't have had any reason to doubt him. It's pristine!

The Boker I just snagged tonight. Should have it in a week or so via Australia. Also listed as used, but sure looks damn close to NOS to me! :001_cool:

If anyone has any specific knowledge as to their approximate production date, feel free to share!

$friodur.jpg

$boker1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom