What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

I just got this off the Bay. Don't know anything about the company ("Crown"), or country of origin (Boston?). Says "Germany" on it, but I haven't found the same logo on the web. I was attracted by the ornate, vintage scales, and the shape of the blade. Any info about the brand will be appreciated.
Crown.jpg

Crown Razors were out of Boston 1900-1930 a lot of the American companies started with imported blades stamped with their logos. The early torreys were made in Sheffield. I don’t own any but that one should be a fine shaver. I own about 6 Kobars they’re great razors, 1 of my favorite German brands

Crown Razors were out of Boston 1900-1930 a lot of the American companies started with imported blades stamped with their logos. The early torreys were made in Sheffield. I don’t own any but that one should be a fine shaver. I own about 6 Kobars they’re great razors, 1 of my favorite German brands

I appreciate the info,...looks like I was on the right track thinking the Crown might be from Boston. AFA Kobar,....I've never heard of them, until I read your post about them (a while ago). When this one appeared on the Bay, I went for it.

I think you’re underestimating the depth of rabbit hole 😂 it’s a cool case tho, I’d say if you end up with more you just keep this case as the ones in current rotation 👌🏽

I think you’re underestimating the depth of rabbit hole 😂 it’s a cool case tho, I’d say if you end up with more you just keep this case as the ones in current rotation 👌🏽
I know all about "the depth of the rabbit hole", trust me. :letterk1: This vendor is selling these cases for a long time. They are inexpensive, and with real glass in the lid. This is the third one I purchased from the same vendor. I have a homage to my grandfather in one (contains C96 Mauser, his uniform insignia, and his Blue Max), and in another one homage to my father (includes P08, his uniform insignia, and his Knight Cross). All this decorates (and now the blades) the walls of my study.

The point is: regardless of the "depth of the rabbit hole",.....I can always get more cases!!! :straight:

I got another one! In my defense...I got it for a friend in SoCal for X-mas. He was gaga over my pipe razor, so I got him this one.
Bill's.jpg

I wish the scales are in better condition, but it comes with original coffin, so I'm sure he'll be thrilled. He is a good guy with modest financial means, and I help when I can (this is the second one I'm sending his way). LOVES to shave with SR.

Top Bottom