What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Varen is a funny one. I absolutely LOVE that scent. It's basically perfect. And the mutton tallow base performs better than most soaps I've used. BUT, the wife hates that scent with a fiery passion, lol. I'm only allowed to use it when she's out of the house. I got a puck of Sheep for the when I want Stirling while she's home.

By contrast, a non-exhaustive list of soaps she's had no problem at all with the scents: Arko, Tabac (loves it), Speick, SV Tundra Artica (loves it), Barrister & Mann samples (Leviathan, Petrichor, Reserve Fern (I know... :confused1), Cheshire, Reserve Classic).
My GF told me Varen brings back memories of Monte Carlos and other things of the 1980s.

Varen is a funny one. I absolutely LOVE that scent. It's basically perfect. And the mutton tallow base performs better than most soaps I've used. BUT, the wife hates that scent with a fiery passion, lol. I'm only allowed to use it when she's out of the house. I got a puck of Sheep for the when I want Stirling while she's home.

By contrast, a non-exhaustive list of soaps she's had no problem at all with the scents: Arko, Tabac (loves it), Speick, SV Tundra Artica (loves it), Barrister & Mann samples (Leviathan, Petrichor, Reserve Fern (I know... :confused1), Cheshire, Reserve Classic).
…with a fiery passion…

😂

Varen-lover here, too. Thank you @Hannah's Dad for introducing me to it.

While we are on the subject of mutton tallow goodness, I tried Electric Sheep for the first time this morning. WINNER! I love it.

IMG_20230225_084525501.jpg

I’ve been working through a few soaps in my rotation but for the month of March I’m planning to use the Varen line up exclusively. Very much looking forward to it

The aftershave seems to be almost as strong and long lived as the EDT, although the dry down is a little different.
I put on some EdT yesterday around noon, on the back of my left hand. I skied all day today. I’ve washed my hands lots too. It’s still there.

Plastic lawn furniture, cockroaches and day care workers. And Varen. All things that will survive the nuclear holocaust.

Last edited:
Top Bottom