What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Stirling's mutton tallow is a fantastic soap. Something about that tallow makes the soap more luxurious and nourishes the skin in a way beef or other tallows do not. I've sampled all of Stirling's mutton scents and just can't like them except for mostly neutral Sheep. If you want to add some scent to it, Hendrix Classics makes scented drops you can use. I like to do that occasionally.

You guys got me interested and then this morning I got a notification from the vendor that Varen is back in stock. I went big on a 100% blind buy - shave soap, balm, splash, EdT and bath soap. Damn - I sure hope I like it 😬

Varen is back in stock. I went big on a 100% blind buy - shave soap, balm, splash, EdT and bath soap. Damn - I sure hope I like it 😬
This natural fougere is a powerful blend of oakmoss, lavender, coumarin, vetiver, sage, cedar, lichen, and geranium.
You're not pregnant are you? 🤣

ABA0D5AA-4B4B-4BD1-86D2-EEE63A151090.jpeg

Personally I’m a huge fan. This is one of my favourite fragrances overall, not only in shaving. It is timeless and very masculine. I hope you like it

Hilarious! That is precisely what I ordered. The entire line up. I suppose if I don’t like it, I can give it to you 👍
That would be incredibly generous, if you hate it then I will be very happy to dispose of it for you. But I don’t think that will be the case

Stirling's mutton tallow is a fantastic soap. Something about that tallow makes the soap more luxurious and nourishes the skin in a way beef or other tallows do not. I've sampled all of Stirling's mutton scents and just can't like them except for mostly neutral Sheep. If you want to add some scent to it, Hendrix Classics makes scented drops you can use. I like to do that occasionally.
I like it so much I started using their bath soap too. It's also luxurious...

Scarn owners: is this a tribute to Dior Eau Sauvage, or Dior Sauvage? The Stirling description is confusing - it refers to Mad Men but then Sauvage. Mad Men, era-wise, would be Eau Sauvage. Thanks.

6806E233-5E75-4150-AF73-B896ACA6F7B8.jpeg

😬

Not sure about this. It’s pretty earthy. Organic. Yatagan-like.

I’m at my GFs. Tonight, I will dig out my vintage Yatagan (that has at most, 4 sprays from it before it was banished from my daily wear). Not sure if these are similar, but I am about to find out.

In any event, this could be a massive PIF in the making, if things don’t turn around quickly for me.

Edit: yet another example of how varied fougeres can be. Compared to my MdC Fougere, CF 1445, and others, the Varen seems like it’s from a different galaxy. One with lots of organic smells that kinda make you go 🤔

Last edited:
Varen is a funny one. I absolutely LOVE that scent. It's basically perfect. And the mutton tallow base performs better than most soaps I've used. BUT, the wife hates that scent with a fiery passion, lol. I'm only allowed to use it when she's out of the house. I got a puck of Sheep for the when I want Stirling while she's home.

By contrast, a non-exhaustive list of soaps she's had no problem at all with the scents: Arko, Tabac (loves it), Speick, SV Tundra Artica (loves it), Barrister & Mann samples (Leviathan, Petrichor, Reserve Fern (I know... :confused1), Cheshire, Reserve Classic).

Top Bottom