What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Had a marvellous shave with the Sheep again today, everything came together. It's a keeper for sure!

proxy.php

George. If you are reading this I got your order. Sorry. Did you get mine?
I so wish queen of hearts had a solid cologne.
I ordered all queen of hearts stuff. If you got it definitely use the body butter. Great stuff.
Barbershop is a very different scent than I imagined it would be from the description.
Ramblin man is a nice scent. It smells cute. Idk how to quantify what smelling cute means.

Attachments

• 16826034130825195830473126393181.jpg
    16826034130825195830473126393181.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
IMG_4872.jpeg

IMG_4880.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Treet Silver (carbon steel)

Soap: Stirling Soap Company Varen
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 3 Step w/ 26mm High Mountain White
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Brut
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

So. For many of you, Varen isn't new. For me, on the other hand, it was until today. I've heard so many positive remarks made about this soap's scent and thankfully for me, they hold true.

As you can see, I was feeling green today so I went with my matching Heritage Collection Ever-Ready brush. This thing is just a beautiful, soft badger brush that's always a pleasure. It's semi-gelly but not too much.

So the soap... Varen is this green, mossy, musky, fern-type scent that has these floral and cedar notes around it. Man is it good!

I feel good around this scent. It's not overly "clean" but it is fresh and beautiful in a manly way. Its notes are a blend of oakmoss, lavender, coumarin, vetiver, sage, cedar, lichen, and geranium. I can pick up on all the notes, but I'm a big fan of the oakmoss, vetiver, sage, and cedar notes in it. Needless to say, I want a full-size set of this awesome fougere. I think it's a real winner.

I did a three-pass shave with the Blackbird, Treet combo and in the grand scheme of things, all went well. It's just that I've noticed that for me carbon steel blades tend to give me a lot of irritation when going against the grain. They're fine for with and across passes but being the bbs chaser that I am, I've found carbon steel just can't cut it that well when asked to do a lot. Pun intended.

All in all, I had a great shave. The Varen soap was stupidly slick as always. I'm such a huge fan of Stirling's soap base because of this. Among other reasons.

Anyway, I finished this green shave off with a most appropriate green aftershave. Brut. Not sure what to say here though. You either know or you don't. You either like it or you pass on it. For me, it's a loved classic that will always have a place in my shave den.

Alright ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for reading. Enjoy your day and your shave.

IMG_4903.jpeg

Razor: Wade & Butcher
Razor: Tatara Masamune Ti
Blade: Gillette Blue Blade (1948 T4) (d4)

Soap: Stirling Soap Company Ramblin' Man
Brush: AKA Brushworx Winter Shine 26mm
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Company Ramblin' Man balm

I was definitely feeling like I needed a straight razor shave so the Wade & Butcher it was. I also thought I would try pairing the Gillette Blue Blade with my Tatara Masamune Ti and see how things faired.

On the software side of things, I went with Stirling's Ramblin' Man. This is one of my absolute favorite fragrances from Stirling. Definitely top 10 across the entire lineup. No, top 5! Actually, this one is worthy of top 3! It's just that good.

It has citrus top notes, with a sandalwood middle and a thick base of musk, cedar, and ambergris. The Citrus top is bright and jumps out at you but there's also this smooth creaminess that comes at you from the sandalwood and cedar. That's accompanied by the unmistakable sensual, slightly sweet vibe that comes from the ambergris. Ugh, I love it. Ambergris also has a marine-like brightness as well as a leathery aspect to it. The marine-like quality helps the top end while the leathery aspect helps the musk on the bottom end to keep it all manly. As its name implies. I have to say though that in my opinion, Ramblin' Man is a banger!

The W&B did its job as expected to start the party off but the Tatara Blue Blade combo was interesting. There was a lot of blade feel with this combo so a real light touch was needed. This was especially noticeable when going against the grain.

Overall I worked through the irritation and earned a bbs. This is where the aftershave balm really shined. It was sorely needed (pun intended) and did a good job of soothing my skin with its nourishing ingredients.

At this point, I realize that I need more Ramblin' Man products, like the splash and EdT. Lol. A bath bar wouldn't hurt either.

Enjoy your weekend and your shaves everyone.

Top Bottom