What's new

stephan bay rum, after shave or toner?

what do you consider this to be. for me an aftershave has to have a lasting somewhat strong scent . i find if i just use the stephen bsay rum the scent is gone in less than 15 minutes and on the skin it feels more like a witchazel toner. so whats y'alls opinion on this topic?

I used to look for only long lasting aftershaves. I have slowly acquired a nice edt collection. I like fleeting aftershave now as it burns off so fast as to not clash with an edt. I still like powerful aftershaves for days when I go with just aftershave or when I match scents with my edt choice.

Also a good choice for a nighttime or summer refreshing splash.

what do you consider this to be. for me an aftershave has to have a lasting somewhat strong scent . i find if i just use the stephen bsay rum the scent is gone in less than 15 minutes and on the skin it feels more like a witchazel toner. so whats y'alls opinion on this topic?
Toner, doesn't feel like an aftershave. As someone with several bay rums, it took awhile, years actually, for me to realize the purpose of them. My preference for a post-shaving preparation leans to making my skin feel better, and leaving a pleasant aroma which lasts for a couple hours. The bay rums I own don't soothe my skin much, and the scent is mostly gone after a half hour or so. So, Stephans bay rum, as with most bay rums, is a toner. The bay rums I still have are used as body splashes, not to apply to my face.

Top Bottom