What's new

Steam Question

Your whiskers get softer after you've been in the shower for a few minutes. If you don't want to shower first, just prep by washing your face with a mild glycerin soap first. Keep your whiskers wet for two or three minutes before you rinse and start shaving.

I’ve been shaving first for over 45 years. I splash hot water on my face and wash it. Then while it’s wet, I brush my teeth. While it’s hydrating still, I build my lather.

I shower afterwards to thoroughly wash the soap off my face without making a mess of the sink. My shaves have always been close and smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Thank you, @ScottChapin and @Atlantic59 !

All of the tips, tricks, and ideas I’ve received have been great, but youse guys’ play-by-play of softening the scrub without a shower might suit me best. Especially this time of the year when temps vary wildly.

Will definitely keep selective steam dispersal and anti-fog coatings in mind.

Your whiskers get softer after you've been in the shower for a few minutes. If you don't want to shower first, just prep by washing your face with a mild glycerin soap first. Keep your whiskers wet for two or three minutes before you rinse and start shaving.

Been shaving before showering for 9+ years with a DE blade, now SR; never shower beforehand, always after :lol:

Even lazier. Run some hot water, fill the shave soap container with it, let it sit to soften up. Splash some warm/hot water on my face, rub it in, resplash, rub it in, to loosen the whiskers a bit, then dump the water from the shave soap container, rub my badger brush on the soap and face lather. One pass with the grain, rinse stray whiskers off face, face lather again and another shave across the grain and then hop into the shower.

Hot water (and some conditioner) will definitely soften the whiskers. My reason for showering after is that 20 minutes in the shower seals all my nicks & cuts. I honestly never compared a post shower shave to pre, so never found out whether the shave was easier or not. As I said above, I'm really lazy :001_tt2:

Top Bottom