What's new

Steam Question

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
When my bathroom gets all foggy after showering, my mirror won’t properly wipe down until the steam has condensed or dissipated after way too many minutes (my secret weapon of a microfiber cloth was for naught).

Do any of you people that also would need a mirror for straight and shavette goodness have strategies you use to keep your mirrors unfogged?

Thanks in advance

I leave the bathroom door open to prevent it. Sometimes when my wife opens the shower on exit it gets condensation. I reach for my wall mounted hair dryer and blast it away on high heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
:001_smile That problem will always be around when using hot water or showering, what i do is turn on fan before showering and open the bathroom door a little to let the humidity out in volume.
There are fog free mirrors from my understanding but have never used them.
Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

There are mirrors made for shaving in the shower that run water behind the mirror glass. The idea is to keep the glass at the same temperature as the steam, so the steam will not condense on it. Another trick is to use car wax on your mirror. Apply the wax, buff off, the mirror will not steam up so much.

Shower with the door open and open window if possible. In winter depending on your location the added humidity in the house is nice.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Thanks, folks! I’ll try the open window policy first. If my neighbors peek, the punishment fits the crime. Will keep door closed until I think I won’t accidentally nick myself if startled.

If you are looking here is what it looks like its called Rain-x Anti fog

rain x.jpg

Thanks, folks! I’ll try the open window policy first. If my neighbors peek, the punishment fits the crime. Will keep door closed until I think I won’t accidentally nick myself if startled.
I believe you will get more startled with a closed, with an open door you can hear someone approaching. Its the main reason I open the door.

Rain x sounds like a good idea. I just wipe the mirror with my hand. I try not to open the door because I don't want to lose the humidity in the bathroom. I find the humidity helps my shave.

Not helpful I realize, but I get around that by not shaving in the sameroom I shower. My "master bath" is actually a half bath, sink and toilet. So no foggy mirrors or worrying about what humidity is doing to my stock.

People shave after a shower instead of before? I just got used to splashing some water on my face, face lathering, and getting to it. Shower afterwards to bleed out under the water and seal those nicks. Admittedly, this requires not cutting yourself too much, a skill that resulted in quite a while few days of work of coworkers asking me what happened:straight:

People shave after a shower instead of before? I just got used to splashing some water on my face, face lathering, and getting to it. Shower afterwards to bleed out under the water and seal those nicks. Admittedly, this requires not cutting yourself too much, a skill that resulted in quite a while few days of work of coworkers asking me what happened:straight:
Your whiskers get softer after you've been in the shower for a few minutes. If you don't want to shower first, just prep by washing your face with a mild glycerin soap first. Keep your whiskers wet for two or three minutes before you rinse and start shaving.

Top Bottom