What's new

Started with a PIF and ended with a conversion

Last week my cousin, whom I gifted a nice shaving brush, and her boyfriend were visiting. I took the opportunity to also introduced her boyfriend to the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving.
I did this by providing him with everything that he would need to get started. I Also showed him the the Jarick Superchargers lather method since it's super easy and quick to consistently make fantastically perfect lather. He's now been successfully converted at the age of 20.
Here are all the goodies I gave him.
-a large mug to lather in
-a user grade Gillette Ball End Tech
-a block of alum
-a septic pencil
-four tubs of homemade soap. One of which is the Silver Fox recipe.
-a puck of Williams Mug soap because everyone should give it a try
-a variety of Aftershave Samples consisting of Vintage Avon Leather, Osage Rub, Florida Water, Aqua Velva Ice Sport, Clubman Classic Vanilla, Aqua Velva Ice Blue, Clubman Special Reserve, Clubman Lilac Vegetal (he's chosen by the way), Bay Rum (my recipe), Stetson Cooling Moisture, Dollar Tree Blue Stuff, Old Spice Pure Sport
-73 blades consisting of German Wilkinson Sword, 7 O'clock yellows, Astra SS, Perm-Sharp, Personna Med Prep, Personna Platinum, Astra SP, Shark Super Chrome, Feather, Rockwell, Diamant Croma, Gillette Platinum Plus, Gillette Silver Blue
-1 ounce jar of menthol crystals
-and some witch hazel

Some pictures for you.
$tmp_4510-20160526_105116-1188752527.jpg
$tmp_4510-20160526_1054261076116388.jpg
$tmp_4510-20160526_1051431958884522.jpg
$tmp_4510-20160526_105236-1306324092.jpg
$tmp_4510-20160525_080644378938549.jpg

Last edited:
Wow very generous! He's definitely set up. I wish I had someone PIF me my first setup or even just guide me in the right direction. Way to carry on the legacy.

Wow! An instant shave den, to say the least. :thumbup:

I only hope he had room to take it all home.

No Graham Fields though, you must really like him.

[MENTION=93996]DCRIII[/MENTION]

You ARE the MAN!!!

And, troy is right.... no Graham Fields so you must like him.. and want to keep on the good side of your cousin!!

Awesome PIF, you have given him an incredible start!! Nice looking the mug and the brush (and all the other gear)!! Your cousin's boyfriend has a great shaving patron. Well done, [MENTION=93996]DCRIII[/MENTION]!!

PS I agree with [MENTION=102704]troy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=103776]YKMV[/MENTION], keep peace in the family, no GF blades.

[MENTION=102704]troy[/MENTION] [MENTION=103776]YKMV[/MENTION] [MENTION=108524]Grundi[/MENTION] You're all correct. He is a a pretty decent kid and so has done right by my cousin. I even told him so in the presence of my cousin. I'm not one for holding back how I feel about people, particularly those looking to become part of the family someday.
Beside, I told my cousin that if he ever messes up, just pack up the stuff I gave him and find it a new home. :lol: But I don't forsee that ever happening.
The coolest part of this though is that I got to show him how to properly use everything and shortened the learning process for him.
The first words out of his mouth after his first shave with DE razor was "wow! That's smooth like a baby's bottom. " I told him congrats, you just got your first BBS!
Also, I did warm him about the strength of the Osage Rub, the potential for the Veg to get him a bunch of alone time, and warned him of the pore quality of Graham-Field prep blades. Turns out he enjoys the Osage Rub, is chosen, and will take my word on the Graham-Field Prep blades. :thumbup:

Excellent! Are you sure we're not related? I'm still looking for a family connection...
Who know, maybe we are. I have family that lives in and around Colorado Springs, though I only claim to be related to half of them. :lol: Interestingly enough the one's I claim aren't blood related!
Good man! :thumbup1:

What kind of shave mug is that?
I'm not entirely sure it was intended to be a shaving mug. I found it at a second hand store for $1.00 and decided to get it. It certainly worked well as a lather mug though!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Nicely done!

I love the generous sampler, not to mention how you included menthol crystals! Fantastic!

Top Bottom