What's new

Starbucks closes all stores- nobody notices

Status
Not open for further replies.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Here's a clip of our very own roastmaster, Din, giving his opinion of Starbucks' founders, Mark "Cutback" Davis and Bob "Jungle Death" Gerard.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwUegUaePy8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Here's a clip of our very own roastmaster, Din, giving his opinion of Starbucks' founders, Mark "Cutback" Davis and Bob "Jungle Death" Gerard.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwUegUaePy8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

lol. Best. Movie. Ever.

"Mister if you don't shut up I'm gonna kick 100% of your ***!"

I was in elementary school just at the tail end of ditto machines - and WE even knew to sniff the paper for the solvent :)

ouch

If I said such a thing living here in the Seattle area, the Starbucks Mafia would show up and I would never be heard from again.:biggrin:

Ooh, the Seattle mob. Over here, we call them the Girl Scouts.

As an FYI in case anyone hasn't heard, they closed 'em all for 3 hours to say they were "Training" all their Baristas (Baristi??). Quote from a popular coffee site below:

I asked at the Sbux near my house, and they said that corporate has recently increased shot timing from 13-17 sec to 15-19 sec. They said drinks are being refigured, with the amount of shots per drink increased by one. Because of these changes, employees are being retrained in drink building.

Now, a good question is, training 'em to do what?? Use the "Superauto" machines they're known for??

What a joke and awesome PR Stunt!!!!!

BTW, I admit it, NO, I DON'T LIKE 4Bucks!!!

I don't drink coffee but my wife is an addict. We were watching the news last night and they spent a long time on a story talking about all of the things that these people were be retrained on. The funniest thing they talked about is the noise that the machine should make when foaming the milk. It should be a shoothing hum versus a loud shrill. Whatever.

ouch

As an FYI in case anyone hasn't heard, they closed 'em all for 3 hours to say they were "Training" all their Baristas (Baristi??).

As if it weren't bad enough having to deal with snooty waiters and pretentious sommeliers, now we have to deal with baristas with even more inflated egos.

They're glorified soda jerks. :lol:

Say what you will about Starbucks. But without them, most of America would still be drinking Dunkin Donuts coffee and thinking it was the greatest thing ever.
Doing something consistently well (like making a decent, fairly fresh $1.70 12-oz. cup of coffee) might not be as romantic as some would like, but it's better than nothing.
And just to be fair, unless you're drinking espresso that's hand pulled from a Gaggia Achille or the like, a machine is making your espresso for you, just like it is for a barista at Starbucks.
I don't want ritual. I just want coffee. Black.
I pick on Dunkin Donuts because their coffee has the lowest amount of caffeine per 12 oz. of any national chain (according to an MSN.com story). THAT'S JUST WRONG!
If I could just figure out how to mainline caffeine, I could dispense with this coffee drinking crap altogether:biggrin:

Say what you will about Starbucks. But without them, most of America would still be drinking Dunkin Donuts coffee and thinking it was the greatest thing ever.
Doing something consistently well (like making a decent, fairly fresh $1.70 12-oz. cup of coffee) might not be as romantic as some would like, but it's better than nothing.
And just to be fair, unless you're drinking espresso that's hand pulled from a Gaggia Achille or the like, a machine is making your espresso for you, just like it is for a barista at Starbucks.
I don't want ritual. I just want coffee. Black.
I pick on Dunkin Donuts because their coffee has the lowest amount of caffeine per 12 oz. of any national chain (according to an MSN.com story). THAT'S JUST WRONG!
If I could just figure out how to mainline caffeine, I could dispense with this coffee drinking crap altogether:biggrin:

I personally think DD does have better coffee! :w00t:

Consistent...sure...but I don't think their drip coffee is very good. They are convenient though. I'll usually order an Americano.

I've yet to try Dunkin Donuts, but my experience with Starbucks (all paid by gift card, btw, none of my $$$$) has been disappointing. It's not bad, but not near justifiable for the price. The research last year was correct...even McD's coffee tastes better.
Best coffee in my area is a little convenience store near my house, 16 oz for $.96, for those times I haven't the minutes to make it at home

Wow, a lot of Starbucks hate in here. Bashing the workers seems inappropriate. It's a great job while going through college or for many single mothers as they give heath insurance for part time.

They did actually shut down for training. The founder Howard Schultz, took it back over and felt the company got way off track and needed to focus on coffee instead of all the other things it was trying to add in. Everyone was trained on the proper way to used and make everything as well as to make sure they would be able to give the customers advice on the differences in the different types of beans and such.

People DID NOTICE, and in a big way. There were several very angry customers at the location near me. Knocking on drive through windows, yelling, complaining, etc.

I have family that work for the company and almost everyone I have meet has been really nice. The company also give a lot to charity and does a lot of it's own work as well.

I don't understand bashing a place for making $4 coffee but being willing to buy $30 shaving cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom