What's new

Stainless DE Trials Above the Tie Safety Razor

Actually, "Edelstahl" is too much like Ford's huge disaster: The Edsel! That was one of Henry Ford's son's name. Any of you old-timers remember that abomination? Google it for a look.

Jeff, great contribution to the decision process, thank you. That will not be considered then.

Actually, "Edelstahl" is too much like Ford's huge disaster: The Edsel! That was one of Henry Ford's son's name. Any of you old-timers remember that abomination? Google it for a look.

Ha! Excellent point, Jeff. Funny Gillette was cranking out some sweet DE razors at the same time Ford was manufacturing a complete failure.

I remember Edsel Ford and the FrankenFord that bore his name. It was horrible looking and quickly developed a similar reputation. They looked as if they were manufactured with left-over parts from Ford-Lincoln-Mercury failed prototypes. And the oblong closed 'V' shape on the front--I won't elaborate. It was an automotive nightmare. Compare it to Chevrolet's 1958 Impala SS--now there was beautiful '58 model thatthe evolution of the grand 1950-1957 Chevrolets--the 1950s up to 1958 were great for Chevy--in 1959 the company went too far with those bat-like wings they called modified fins, but they reeled in their design effort shortly thereafter and in the 1960s came out with a car and power plant that made for a great song--She's real fine...

I guess Dinah Shore had it right: See the USA in a ... You've got to remember that song and the above; and you've got to be smiling, Jeff! We were young, brother.

I remember Edsel Ford and the FrankenFord that bore his name. It was horrible looking and quickly developed a similar reputation. They looked as if they were manufactured with left-over parts from Ford-Lincoln-Mercury failed prototypes. And the oblong closed 'V' shape on the front--I won't elaborate. It was an automotive nightmare. Compare it to Chevrolet's 1958 Impala SS--now there was beautiful '58 model thatthe evolution of the grand 1950-1957 Chevrolets--the 1950s up to 1958 were great for Chevy--in 1959 the company went too far with those bat-like wings they called modified fins, but they reeled in their design effort shortly thereafter and in the 1960s came out with a car and power plant that made for a great song--She's real fine...

I guess Dinah Shore had it right: See the USA in a ... You've got to remember that song and the above; and you've got to be smiling, Jeff! We were young, brother.
I am laughing, Roger! Dinah Shore...hadn't heard that name in forever. She was on TV many many years and was one of those women that never aged.

Growing up, I was always a Chevy Man, and I always wanted a 57 Chevy...simply a piece of automotive art. I remember when cars went into the space ship look era.

Yes my friend, we were young...thanks for jarring my old memory!

Today was my numero #4 shave. ( Please be advise that your mileage may vary. These are my reviews and thoughts. What works for me may not for you:thumbup:)

Did my daily prep. This time I just went to the shave without focus. I was pretending to be in a rush and did a quickie shave. I was pretty impressed. I did my one pass which is N to S - up and down. No nicks or weepers. OK, now I put on more lather and I got ready my last pass. Across the grain. Again more impressed. It went smooth. It felt like i was using a Tech razor or a Toggle on 1 setting, very mild passes but yet i can hear the audible feedback telling me that my beard/hairs are being cut. Results excellent!!

My next review i will determine how long the shave last. To me it seems like after 12 hours I feel hairs coming back. The r41 would last me 24 hours. So this next shave i will really do a tense filled shave. No quickie shaves just a regular shave. I had my r41 for a whole week to determine how long the shave lasted, so by Friday ( day 6 ) I will do the last review and determine if the shave from the Stanlux will last 24 hrs too.

I am laughing, Roger! Dinah Shore...hadn't heard that name in forever. She was on TV many many years and was one of those women that never aged.

Growing up, I was always a Chevy Man, and I always wanted a 57 Chevy...simply a piece of automotive art. I remember when cars went into the space ship look era.

Yes my friend, we were young...thanks for jarring my old memory!
Jeff, my Dad restored a 56 Bel air Chevy, it took him 4 years to restore back to new....I think he loved that car more than us.:huh:

Edelstahl too German, especially if you're emphasizing the Made In USA properties....

I agree. And no one will pronounce it correctly, anyway. AY-del-shtahl. Only German speakers would have a clue.

Actually, "Edelstahl" is too much like Ford's huge disaster: The Edsel!

True in terms of sound, though Edsel is an English name with roots in the 14th century.

Oh...I think Stanlux/ Above The Tie.com is ok....what do you think? Stanlux/ATT

I would reverse it and say the ATT Stanlux, or the Above The Tie Stanlux, or, better still, simply the Stanlux. "Stanlux" is a brilliant invention, conjuring "stainless", "Stan" and "luxe" all at once; it stands up well on its own. I would advise ATT/Stan to trademark it ASAP! :thumbsup:

I agree. And no one will pronounce it correctly, anyway. AY-del-shtahl. Only German speakers would have a clue.

True in terms of sound, though Edsel is an English name with roots in the 14th century.

I would reverse it and say the ATT Stanlux, or the Above The Tie Stanlux, or, better still, simply the Stanlux. "Stanlux" is a brilliant invention, conjuring "stainless", "Stan" and "luxe" all at once; it stands up well on its own. I would advise ATT/Stan to trademark it ASAP! :thumbsup:
I like this
Stanlux/ATT ( Stan Luxury razor at Above The Tie.com) or Stanlux short for>> Stan Luxury razor

Thanks so much gents for your thorough reviews on the new razor. My #1 question is the high price for this razor. Stan... how much are you going to price this razor? Will it be around $185.00-$200.00??? If so... that will definitely be OUT of my budget. I guess I will just admire it from afar. So... my question to all the "testers"... Is it (I need your HONEST answer) worth almost $200.00???

WARHAWK

Thanks so much gents for your thorough reviews on the new razor. My #1 question is the high price for this razor. Stan... how much are you going to price this razor? Will it be around $185.00-$200.00??? If so... that will definitely be OUT of my budget. I guess I will just admire it from afar. So... my question to all the "testers"... Is it (I need your HONEST answer) worth almost $200.00???

WARHAWK

The price was given in this thread (see post #30):

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/311673-Stainless-DE-from-Above-the-Tie/page2

In a market that retails stainless razors for $225.00 and more, I am pleased to offer this tool for $185.00 with free shipping anywhere on the globe.

WARHAWK

Hello Warhawk thank you for your question. This razor will retail for $185.00, if that seems excessive consider that you will pay $225.00 and more for some other brands. Base on quality of shave, craftmanship, durabality I firmly believe that is a good value.

Hello Warhawk thank you for your question. This razor will retail for $185.00, if that seems excessive consider that you will pay $225.00 and more for some other brands. Base on quality of shave, craftmanship, durabality I firmly believe that is a good value.

Even though my wallet is crying, I've got to agree with you.

What about the "Tie-Clip" ? wink wink?

I like this better than other options. How about "The Original" or "ATT-1" or "ATT Prime"? I don't imagine that this will be the only razor made by ATT if it is a success. Imagine people seeking out the "Prime" after the initial run sells out?

WARHAWK

From a quality and durability standpoint, I would answer, "Yes, for sure." I feel this razor provides a comfortable, efficient shave in an all stainless steel model. I feel the quality and finish is every bit as good as the Tradere razors I own, which are the only other stainless steel razors I have used.

Top Bottom