What's new

Speick Shave Stick vs Cream

Been using my favorite cream (Speick Men Shaving Cream) and decided to give the stick a try. I haven't used it for shaving but I will say that the scent is different. The scent of the stick is identical to the aftershave lotion they make (I traded it as I discovered I just don't like alcohol based aftershaves). The scent of the cream is more subtle and "softer" whereas the stick is sharper and more pronounced to my nose.

Anyone else notice this?

I'll report back when I try a shave with it.

General consensus is the stick is slicker than the cream, more fresh citrussy and less herbal on the nose. I didn't get a better shave than I have with other creams. I will try the stick for the first time during Speicktember in 10 days.

General consensus is the stick is slicker than the cream, more fresh citrussy and less herbal on the nose. I didn't get a better shave than I have with other creams. I will try the stick for the first time during Speicktember in 10 days.
You will be fine as long you don't expect the stick to be as slick as artisan soaps. Scent strength is about light to medium and post shave feeling is nice during summer months for me.

You will be fine as long you don't expect the stick to be as slick as artisan soaps. Scent strength is about light to medium and post shave feeling is nice during summer months for me.

Thanks.

I'm very happy with the standard stuff like Tabac, DRH, MWF, Proraso, Arko. Anything better is better and I can tell the difference, however I'm not a soap diva. I enjoy all my stuff.

Thanks.
I'm very happy with the standard stuff like Tabac, DRH, MWF, Proraso, Arko. Anything better is better and I can tell the difference, however I'm not a soap diva. I enjoy all my stuff.
Great ! Although Off topic but i recommend the speick AS. Less herbal smelling than a 4711 to my nose and much better non greasy post shave. Easily my one of best top 3 AS i regularly use.

I don't have a lot of experience with creams in general but have used both Speicks. I greatly prefer the stick to the cream for performance and scent profile. to the point of not even finishing the cream

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Great ! Although Off topic but i recommend the speick AS. Less herbal smelling than a 4711 to my nose and much better non greasy post shave. Easily my one of best top 3 AS i regularly use.
Thanks for the information about the AS. I've been contemplating getting some.

Thanks for the information about the AS. I've been contemplating getting some.
At 15 quids I rather pass on an average AS but Speick is worth the money. I have tried some of other products in their range and found none to be lacking in the promised benefits suppose to be coming from speick plant extract. Sometime I jump into things with both legs :D

Yes, don't stop at just the shaving stick or cream, or even the soap. If you like the scent it's time to go all in with the shower gel/shampoo, deo stick, and after-shave balm for those dry winter months. Speick also offer a men's EDT, which is a stronger and more complex version of the after-shave. Their Intensiv Creme is a skin cream with aloe vera and shea butter. They also make an "active" line, with shaving soap, cream, after-shave lotion, shampoo, skin lotion, shower gel, and deodorant spray, stick or roll-on. Best of all, everything they make is all natural, hypo-allergenic and suitable for Vegans. As noted, the scent may vary slightly with some products as they contain ingredients specific to their purpose, such as aloe vera or rosemary.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yes, don't stop at just the shaving stick or cream, or even the soap. If you like the scent it's time to go all in with the shower gel/shampoo, deo stick, and after-shave balm for those dry winter months. Speick also offer a men's EDT, which is a stronger and more complex version of the after-shave. Their Intensiv Creme is a skin cream with aloe vera and shea butter. They also make an "active" line, with shaving soap, cream, after-shave lotion, shampoo, skin lotion, shower gel, and deodorant spray, stick or roll-on. Best of all, everything they make is all natural, hypo-allergenic and suitable for Vegans. As noted, the scent may vary slightly with some products as they contain ingredients specific to their purpose, such as aloe vera or rosemary.
Dude..... you are NOT helping my wallet! lol

Tried the stick today and was very impressed. Shave felt "easier and softer" than the cream, though I'm not sure I got the amount of soap correct. Don't know how to describe it other than that. The scent grew on me (its pretty subtle to begin with). Too early to tell which I prefer (stick vs cream) but my initial impression is if I started with the stick I might not have bothered with the cream.

Last edited:
Tried the stick today and was very impressed. Shave felt "easier and softer" than the cream, though I'm not sure I got the amount of soap correct. Don't know how to describe it other than that. The scent grew on me (its pretty subtle to begin with). Too early to tell which I prefer (stick vs cream) but my initial impression is if I started with the stick I might not have bothered with the cream.
+1

I like them both, the stick and the cream. I think the stick is the best soap stick anywhere. I have tried the bar soap and it too is great. I wasn't crazy about the aftershave. It was ok. The scent just didn't grab me.

Top Bottom