What's new

Speick Shave Stick vs Cream

"Suitable for Vegans" means that it is also suitable for non-Vegans, but you can always drop a little pork fat in the bottle if you're troubled by it.
By the way, Juicy Fruit is vegan!

I'm not wasting good pork on my soap! As a carnivore this shaving hobby sometimes oppresses me.

I have no doubt the AS is good, but is it $20 good? That's how much it would cost me buying it online. Seems like paying x3 what's it realistic price on the shelf at a local supermarket.

I have no doubt the AS is good, but is it $20 good? That's how much it would cost me buying it online. Seems like paying x3 what's it realistic price on the shelf at a local supermarket.
$11-12 is the realistic price if you can hunt a website that doesn't kill the deal with huge postage chargers.

I like them both, the stick and the cream. I think the stick is the best soap stick anywhere. I have tried the bar soap and it too is great. I wasn't crazy about the aftershave. It was ok. The scent just didn't grab me.
I felt the same way about the aftershave: excellent performer but the scent (and the alcohol content) were just not for me

used the stick today and virtually the same experience as the first time: excellent, soft and the scent is different (and more like the cream) when lathering and dies quickly anyway.

I really like the stick, but I like both it and the cream. Speick all the way for me!!!

I am a little concerned about the tetrasodium EDTA in the stick though. Not sure why it bothers me but it stands out compared to the ingredients in the cream. *Some* sites list this ingredient as a mold preventative (ie. preservative), although others list it as a chelating agent (bonds to metal ions). Perhaps this is why the stick's performance feels "softer" to me: the EDTA is supposed to make hard water feel soft.

Last edited:
used the stick today and virtually the same experience as the first time: excellent, soft and the scent is different (and more like the cream) when lathering and dies quickly anyway.
I really like the stick, but I like both it and the cream. Speick all the way for me!!!
I am a little concerned about the tetrasodium EDTA in the stick though. Not sure why it bothers me but it stands out compared to the ingredients in the cream. *Some* sites list this ingredient as a mold preventative (ie. preservative), although others list it as a chelating agent (bonds to metal ions). Perhaps this is why the stick's performance feels "softer" to me: the EDTA is supposed to make hard water feel soft.

Not all chemicals are bad. Some guys don't like in soap SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate). I like it because it does help make great lather and it's like a detergent which helps prevent the soap scum from sticking to your sink and drain pipes. So many people will avoid it but I prefer it in my soap.

Simple solution mix the cream and the stick make a croap it's fantastic! I did this long ago when using nothing but DE and now it's still great with SR !

Speick and Pitralon are the two best aftershaves I’ve used, and honestly I think Speick is better for my skin.

used the cream today and it was fantastic. The two are just great, in fact the cream is my favorite cream and the stick is now my favorite soap.

If I was on a desert island and *had* to choose one, it probably would be the stick. I like the process of applying the soap directly to the skin.

Performance wise I would give a slight edge to the stick (seems softer during shave) but scent wise it would go to the cream. Both have amazing post shave feel. I suspect I'll be bouncing between the stick and cream for a while.

On a side note, I found witch hazel mixed with Lavender, Peppermint, Clary Sage and Rosemary pairs nicely with Speick as an aftershave splash.

I prefer cream to stick for both, performance and scent.

Speick aftershave (for my skin and "nose") is excellent, again, both scent and performance.

I have never used the cream. I've considered buying it, but i dont seem to enjoy using creams as much as i do with soaps.
I have a stick which i normally use on holidays overseas, but recently i milled it into a D.R. Harris container and there was 23g of soap.
With Spiecktember upon us, maybe now is a good time to use up all this remnant.

used the cream today and i like it better than the soap. used the soap (stick) yesterday and liked it better than the cream. This has been happening consistently all week.

I think I've found my go to cream and soap :)

There is also Tallow in the Soap stick which is not in the cream.

Correct, both the Speick stick and their bar soap have tallow in them. In fact it's the second most prominent fat in the stick (stearic acid is the first, of course) and the most prominent fat in the bar soap. The vegan stuff mentioned earlier is from erroneous ad copy from one section of their website. The ingredients lists, both on the box it comes in and on the website, are clear:

Stick ingredients
Bar soap ingredients

Top Bottom