What's new

Speakeasy Aquisitions -- February / March 2011

Picked up a number of things last night, most memorable is the Macallan 12 and, Lustau East India Solera, which has been hard to fine.

I got some nice scotch along with a bottle of champagne and a nice red. (I actually got the Talisker in Jan but didnt get posting it, the Macallan in Feb). Im liking both, but the Talisker is still my fav :thumbup1: Macallan is a welcome change of pace though!

proxy.php

proxy.php

I got some nice scotch along with a bottle of champagne and a nice red. (I actually got the Talisker in Jan but didnt get posting it, the Macallan in Feb). Im liking both, but the Talisker is still my fav :thumbup1: Macallan is a welcome change of pace though!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice! Like the new Talisker box... haven't seen it stateside yet.

Also... Pretty Green! Live forever, cheers...
((edit, err.. scratch that.. just saw you're a red scum supporter) :tongue_sm

Last edited:
haha!! Not a great result against Chelsea for us, last 30 minutes was tough to take. The premiership is gonna go down to wire I think. Big game for us on Sunday against the "real" red scum aka Liverpool :tongue_sm

Nice spot on the Pretty Green, Im a big music fan and Oasis has always been a love of mine. Im off to Glasgow tomorrow to see Beady Eye, and Il get to pop into the new Pretty Green store :thumbup:

I picked myself up a bottle of Duthies Hazelburn 9yr the other night after a scotch tasting

proxy.php

shelf is starting to get good :thumbup1:

music fan and Oasis has always been a love of mine. Im off to Glasgow tomorrow to see Beady Eye, and Il get to pop into the new Pretty Green store :thumbup:

Ah, gotta show it off here once you do.. wish I could really afford it, only have a couple shirts myself. Bought Beady Eye last night.. definitely exceeded my expectations.. loads of good tunes. Hope they come here to tour as is rumored this summer...

Was half-heartedly rooting for you vs chelski, as it'd been better for my side. Still sorta nice to see the ref go against you (for once). And I'll give you the derby wonder-goal, and hope they keep replaying it over and over so you lot will somehow be convinced that he's been anything more than a greedy, petulant liability for you lately and you'll keep starting him. The possibility of facing you at Wembley for the cup thrills me. And we will beat you. :thumbup:

I picked up a bottle of Midleton Very Rare on Saturday. It's been probably five or six years since I tasted any. After opening the bottle last night if definitely won't be that long again!

A trip over the other side of Melbourne and a visit to Nicks Vintage Wines resulted in my wallet becoming lighter and these now sitting in my cupboard;

proxy.php

proxy.php

haven't cracked the glenmorangie yet, but the bakery hill is a beautifully smokey, well textured drink.

I went low rent last night boys. Out of curiosity I picked up a bottle of Kirkland's Signature Premium Small Batch Bourbon at Costco. $19.99 for a liter. From my detective work it appears to essentially be a bottle of Bakers. Given that Bakers is pretty good and a liter of it would run you north of $50 it's a pretty good deal.

links?
I've read that it is essentially Buffalo Trace

It's not BT. It's made by Beam. It is sourced from the Clear Spring Distillery Co. with offices in Clermont and Frankfort, KY. JB is the only distillery in Clermont and Clear Spring Distillery is the original name David Beam used for the distillery "back in the day."

A case of Java Stout from the Santa Fe Brewing Company. How did I get it back to FL? I found out it is OK to take a case of beer in your checked bag as long as the bag stays under 50#.
proxy.php

The wife liked it a ton. Coffee flavor, caffeine, and 8%+ give this brew a nice flavor and kick.

Top Bottom