What's new

Southern Witchcrafts Carpathia

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I used this for the first time in a long time. I have a pretty good amount of a sample I received from Shavedash before he shuttered his doors. I shaved with this today and got a very good shave. When I first opened the container, I got petrichor. Then I smelled something similar camphor or and old style lip balm. I was wondering what you guys get from scent wise? Not a bad soap. The fragrance just stays in my brush. Talk about a polarizing scent. It's not bad. I just don't use it much because I'm not found of the scent that much. Besides, I have to scoop it out of it's little container and put it in a shaving scuttle. I'd rather lather up my brush from soaps in a larger container I can get my brush in. It's so much easier and I don't have to wait for the soap to hydrate.

I bought a few SW samples a couple of years ago, and initially, Carpathia was my least favorite. I was really leaning toward Tres Matres and Pomona, but as I used Carpathia a few more times something about the scent hooked me. I now have a full tub.

Unfortunately, I can't describe the scent from it that I like. The petrichor is out front, but something underneath it really makes this scent special.

I just bought a Carpathia EDT last week. Only used it once but I think I really like it, especially as a winter scent. Definitely not an “easy” scent, but that’s most of SW’s stuff.

I have a sample of the Desairology shaving soap. The first time I smelled it, I felt it was sweet...but not in a good way. The name is truly fitting. As I shaved more with this soap, I started to really get into the scent and it slowly grew on me. It's a real complex scent and I started to really like it over time. So much so, that I have a few SW samples lined up in my shopping cart including: Carpathia, Druantia, and Autumn Ash.

Top Bottom