What's new

🪒 🪒 🪒 SOTD - “Vintage Shaving Gear Week” April 22nd-28th, 2024 🪒 🪒 🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD: 28th April 2024.

42.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Chinese Cologne Shaving Soap
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Yintal 9306-I TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Yelken Turkish Lemon Eau De Cologne./Wilko Men's ASB.
Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Yintal 9306-I. TTO (super-speed clone) is an incredibly good razor has a nice heft to it, and like my other Chinese super-speed clone the Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO, has provided me with comfortable acceptable irritation-free shaves with each outing. What more can I ask for.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Wilko Men's ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_1376.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Palmolive Shave Stick.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) China: Razor Blade London Bridge Super Stainless blade.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) France: Aftershave Balm Gillette Pro Sensitive Deep Comfort Gel After Shave.
7) India: Aftershave Splash Gillette Arctic Ice Bold Aftershave Splash.

IMG_2018.jpeg

Wish I got this post in time for the travel SOTD, but hopefully it is accepted here. I believe the handle I used is vintage!

First time taking some DE gear outside the states!

Originally was only taking a carry on but last minute added a checked bag, which absolutely made taking my razor easier.

I decided to take my Funken handle with DSCosmedics ZO head, and a feather blade. The soap is a PAA Planet Phoenix sample my dad gave me. I suppose I could've taken a full-size soap but my wife insisted on taking a small soap, as to leave as much room in the suitcase for bringing home gifts! Can't argue with that!

Not pictured:
- Brush: Simpson Badger 'The Duke'
- Preshave: Truefitt and Hill Ultimate Comfort Preshave Oil
- Toner: Eminence Stonecrop Toner
- Alum Block
- Serum: Truefitt and Hill Advanced Treatment Serum

Flew into Dublin, had a quick spa day before heading to Donegal, where we're spending most of our time.

Beautiful views and a golf course right across the street!

Doesn't get much better!

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
Simpson Chubby II in Best
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
RR Stealth, Prototype
Blade
Personna Medical Prep.
Aftershave
Thayers WH & TOBS ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the fourth and last shave with my RR Stealth Slant, a prototype razor, and a Personna Medical Prep blade. This was another excellent shave. I am using another badger brush today: my Simson Chubby II in Best. It took quite a while to load the soap since not much was left. This was the 122nd and last shave with the Williams soap. I have one more vintage box of Williams. An excellent shave. Have a wonderful day, folks.

IMG_3805.JPG

Sunday 28th of April
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Lord Super Chrome (1)
Brush: Omega 10098
Preshave: Trishave brushless cream
Cream: Proraso green
A/S: Wavol bay rum

Trishave applied as preshave, two passes (WTG) using the Proraso and the third pass (ATG) just with the Trishave.
First time using the Trishave as a preshave. It's quite slick, no mineral oil or silicone, has some lanolin in it.
I wasn't sure if it would do anything rubbing it into two weeks of bristle but it left a good amount of slickness for the first two passes that the Proraso sometimes lacks.
The tea tree scent goes perfectly with the eucalyptus of the Proraso green.
The third pass with just the Trishave felt unnervingly like a cheeky latherless touch up but for the whole pass. The lack of visual feedback meant I had to use my fingers to check I had got everything. But unlike a cheeky latherless touch up it (which has bit me in the past) it was just slick and comfortable.
If I were to use the Trishave as a standalone brushless cream I would only use it with a day or so of growth.
Post shave feel was wonderful, very smooth, no irritation.

Sunday Morning Damaskeene Dalliance

I went to use this razor about a week ago and when I raised the lid, it came off right in my hands.
Threw it back in the drawer and finally got around to fiddling it back together this morning.
Top rattles a bit but she holds the blade firm and still shaves like a dream.

GEM Damaskeene Razor
GEM SS PTFE Blade (3X)
Murphy & McNeil Old Sport Mash Up
Frank Shaving G7 Brush - Italian Handle
Citrus Musk Splash On

B & M Seville Aftershave

IMG_0494-compressed.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom