What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Le Grelot | SRD Roo Strop | Arlington | Chubby 2 | Thayers | Arlington ASB | Villoresi Vetiver
proxy.php

This is why we shave!

All for Arlington, eh, Bill??!!!!:biggrin1: How was your lather second time around?

And hopefully the soap performed to expectations today, also, Soren?

It performed as yesterday, but that was all my fault for choosing the 2011 LE which isn't broken in yet - I should have stuck to the Semogue 1800.
Well, there's always next time :001_smile

Voilà la classe! , well done Søren

Thank you very much :blushing:

I sometimes get lucky and have a lucky shoot, but I'm not as consistent as you. I have really enjoyed your photos over the last period of time, they are of high quality :thumbup:

There's that brush again!!! Tease!!!!!:wink2::001_huh::lol:

After seeing this post I was going to link you to the original thread the pictures of the brush were posted in (much better pictures than I could ever manage) but it seems the links for the pictures are broken :sad:.

Those buckeye burl scales on your Le Grelot look fantastic. Your picture does make me want to buy a big bottle of that Floid.

After seeing this post I was going to link you to the original thread the pictures of the brush were posted in (much better pictures than I could ever manage) but it seems the links for the pictures are broken :sad:.

Those buckeye burl scales on your Le Grelot look fantastic. Your picture does make me want to buy a big bottle of that Floid.

Links broken? Thank heavens for that for my sake! Of all my straights, besides the Abalone Kropp, the Buckeye scales are without doubt, beautiful. I do believe that Martin at Rasurpur.de does still have some available , so if you are wanting....:wink2::001_smile I also love the Floid Genuine. It's not quite as sweet as the Spanish version, in fact I prefer it to the Suave. I'd go further and say I prefer it to the Blue also!

Good morning friends!

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 24 mm Semogue 2011 LE , Two Band, Finest Badger 1
SOAP/CREAM: QED Essentials Fresh Lime
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 8/8" BUDDEL Custom (w/ Desert ironwood scales)
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG / XTG
AS: Acqua Di Parma Collezione After Shave Balm
COLOGNE: Clinique Happy for men
RESULT: Excellent, BBS shave

proxy.php

Have a great shave everyone,
Béla​

A fine selection of products, Bela!:thumbup1:

Thursday, 26.I.2012

Vitos Predopobarba
Semogue 2020 best badger
Kappus Aloe
Edwin Jagger DE89 Barley
7 O'Clock Sharp Edge
Thayers Witch Hazel lavender
Institut karité Baume Après Rasage Hydratant

proxy.php

Emanuel, when I saw your Semogue 2020, I had to stop and think what year this is!!:001_unsur :thumbup1:It's been a long, long day. And with that number, it should be in my rotation too!:wink2: An excellent close-up, my friend!:thumbup1:

Thursday

RAZOR: Alex Jacques Custom 8/8+ "Meat Chopper" Spanish Point w/Gray G10 Scales
BRUSH: Merkur Futur Silvertip Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Acqua Di Parma Collezione Barbiere Shaving Cream
AFTER SHAVE: Acqua Di Parma Collezione Barbiere After Shave Lotion
COLOGNE: Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa Eau De Cologne

Cheers,

Chris

proxy.php

Is there a finer shave, Chris? AdP is phenomenal in my book.:001_wub:

Thursday

Japanese rice bowl
New Forest 2-band
Mühle R89 with Feather

RazoRock Caprician Lemon
Floïd Suave After Shave
Ferrari Passion EdT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

A new soap to your rotation, Soren? I don't believe I've seen RazoRock here before?:001_unsur

A new soap to your rotation, Soren? I don't believe I've seen RazoRock here before?:001_unsur

Yes, it is new to me.
West Coast Shaving is offering 10% discount on fountain pens if you buy the B&B Benevalent Badger Blue ink, and since some of the money from the ink is going to the Sue Moore memorial fund I thought it would be cool to have a B&B ink, and I couldn't resist the offer and got a couple of pens as well, and since I already paid for shipping what a good way to keep cost down by adding a couple of RazoRock soaps to try out :001_rolle
(I think my kind of math is quite logical :lol:)

The Caprician Lemon is a nice scent, but I must admit I like the citrus scented products from Nanny, QCS, Castle Forbes and TOBS better. But not a bad soap/cream at all, and definitely easier to lather up than the Williams Mug Soap :biggrin1:

Yes, it is new to me.
West Coast Shaving is offering 10% discount on fountain pens if you buy the B&B Benevalent Badger Blue ink, and since some of the money from the ink is going to the Sue Moore memorial fund I thought it would be cool to have a B&B ink, and I couldn't resist the offer and got a couple of pens as well, and since I already paid for shipping what a good way to keep cost down by adding a couple of RazoRock soaps to try out :001_rolle
(I think my kind of math is quite logical :lol:)

The Caprician Lemon is a nice scent, but I must admit I like the citrus scented products from Nanny, QCS, Castle Forbes and TOBS better. But not a bad soap/cream at all, and definitely easier to lather up than the Williams Mug Soap :biggrin1:

My next question was going to be on the scent, but having CF Lime, I think you have just given me a reason not to buy! And any Italian soft soap lathers with ease, so not having used Williams, that still comes as no surprise.

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Berkeley
Razor: ERN Crown & Sword 7/8
Strop: 40/60 Neil Miller Linen/Kanayama Cordovan
Soap: Williams
After shave: Aqua Velva
Results: Amund threw me a puck of Williams and some Aqua Velva the other day, last time I tried Williams I blew it off pretty quickly bad on a combination of scent and performance, this was about a year ago, and I thought I'd give it a second chance. And to be honest, either the smell or performance was as bad as I recalled, not the best lather, not a lot of cushion, but pretty good glide and it did what it's meant to do and it actually stayed pretty stabil through the shave. Two passes DFS +, finished with AV, a wonderful, classic scent that reminds me of my granddad.

proxy.php

So will it be used again, Rune?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom