What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - Paladin Shaving” June 13th, 2022 to June 19th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday, June 13, 2022.

Floïd oil pre shave. Nordic Shaving Company Shaving Soap, Birch. Simpsons chubby 2, souvering fibre, faux jade. Emeraude 14, France. Les Bénédictines de Chantelle: Opaline lotion, balm aftershave & Clasic EdT.

ACDB8024-6CBF-4620-AE85-9E5E21D715D8.jpeg

E314C6E5-419A-4E1F-9D37-082F2E6BBA38.jpeg

I haven’t been shaving much lately, but after recently finishing off some TOBS cream, I busted out The Dead Sea. To be honest, I wasn’t crazy about it the first couple of times I shaved with it, so I shelved it for a long time. Well, completely different story this time! I really enjoyed it!! The scent was really nice for a summer day, it was very slick, and post shave felt great. I definitely used more water this time and that seemed to make all the difference.
💈🖖🏼💈

Tuesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Rockwell Gunmetal Model-T V2
Blade: Gillette Platinum (D2)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers THBS Black Wolf 25mm
Scuttle: Georgetown G12
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African black soap
Pre-Shave Balm: Mickey Lee Lime
Shave Soap: Spearhead Shaving Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime Iced (koolada)
Balm: C&E West Indian Lime
Aftershave: Spearhead Shaving Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime Iced(koolada)

Tue 14 SOTD
Soap Lothur Dave
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Lothur Dave Splash
I can smell the scent from this soap better now. The lather qualities are really good...rich, creamy, and slick...nice!
Today's razor was nice enough in 3passes for a sas result. Nice matching aftershave...
20220614_094337.jpg

Monday June 13, 2022 - Just Shaving June (no Paladin brushes, alas)

Razor: Supply 2.0 matte black injector with SE comb plate / Supply Black Label (6)
Brush: APShaveCo Elegant Emerald w/ APLuxury 24mm mixed badger/boar knot
Soap: TOOBS Lavender Shaving Cream "croap"
After: Alum and TSD Lavender Shave Milk

IMG_20220613_215452.jpg

My first shave since about Thursday, so several days stubble.

I had an almost unused tub of TOOBS Lavender Shave Cream that sat for several years with the lid apparently not tightened down enough. When I opened it, three quarters of the contents had evaporated, leaving the tub one quarter filled with a firm croap. The lovely lavender smell remained strong though. I find that this particular make of cream continues to work well even when dried out -- a few swirls in the tub load the brush and the result face lathers much the same as before and is still slick and protective. So the cream drying out is not a disaster; I just have one fewer creams and one more "soap".

The razor did its usual fine job with two passes, one WTG on the face and ATG on my neck, then the second pass XTG everywhere. The Black Label blade is still sharp on its 6th outing - no degradation noted yet.

Nothing much of note from the alum. I finished with The Shave Den shop's Lavender "milk" aftershave balm. Very soothing.

Next shave, I will probably return to trying to kill off the shards of my old MWF puck

SOTD : 14th June 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Razorock "What The Puck? !" Lime Burst.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (D3)
Razor: Ever-Ready 1912. (US)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Osmanli Lemon Eau De Cologne./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel./Milton Lloyd Victor no9 EdT.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave.

A wonderful performance from the Ever-Ready 1912.

The vintage Ever-Ready SE razors don't get the credit they so rightly deserve paired up with the Gem PTFE blade it mowed through my stubble with smooth efficiency.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Victor no9 EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom