What's new

๐Ÿš€ ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿš€ ๐Ÿ‘ฝ ๐Ÿ‘พ SOTD - โ€œSpace/Futurist Weekโ€ May 15th - 21st, 2023 ๐Ÿš€ ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿš€ ๐Ÿ‘ฝ ๐Ÿ‘พ

Status
Not open for further replies.
5/19/23
Chiseled Face Santa Paula
Shavemac Silvertip
Muhle R41 (2013)
Gillette Silver Blue (9)
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic
Nivea Maximum Hydration Balm
SOTD5-19-23.jpeg
ย 

SOTD: 20th May 2023.

9.jpg

โ€‹
Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Face & Head lather.
Lather: Razorock "What The Puck? !" Orange Sunrise Shaving Soap.
Razor: Parker 94R.- Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless. - (D1)
Razor: Gillette guard. (Head/Dome)- (D4.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic./Cien Sensitive ASB./Tommy Hilfiger Bold EdT.

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend....It's been some time since i used the Razorock "WTP?!"Orange Sunrise Shaving Soap I find after the soap has been bloomed in tepid tap water for few minutes I'm rewarded with a rich, creamy slick protective lather with a good post shave feel. A superb soap which i will be using more often in the up and coming months...

For my head shave I did the first pass using my 94R and finished off with the remaining second +pick up passes with the Gillette guard for another superb error free head shave.

I've came to realise that the Gillette guard works wonderfully with just 2-days head stubble max any more is a struggle for the razor. The first pass with the 94R let the Gillette guard work effectively on the remaining passes.

I will use the (blade/cartridge) for it's fifth outing & final outing on Tuesday for my second head/dome shave of the week.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Tommy Hilfiger Bold EdT to the pulse points

My face & precious swede are feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:
ย 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
23A687B7-8A7C-4051-8BC0-EE970A550901.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) USA: Shaving Soap OZ Shaving Tik Tok Tobacco and Coffee Shaving Soap.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34G.
4) Japan: Razor Blade Feather.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Vera Wang For Men.
ย 
Saturday, May 20, 2023.

Rasozero, Barbacco, Pre Shave Cream. Taylor of Old Bond Street, shaving cream, grapefruit. Epsilon, syntetic badger, butercotch handle. Gebr. Weyersberg, 6036, โ€œCornetaโ€, 6/8, Solingen. Saponificio varesino, Stella Alpina, balm aftershave.

IMG_4873.jpeg
ย 
Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Paladin 2023 Contributorsโ€™ Brush (Chief)
Bowl
Captainโ€™s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Everyman Jack ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
Starting the weekend off with a different razor and blade: the Mergress XL paired with a Wizamet blade. At one time I had several adjustable razor in my rotation but now this is the only one. Paired with a Wizamet blade this does a good job. Todayโ€™s brush is my latest Paladin purchase: the 2023 B&B Contributor brush, Chief model. Like all Paladin brushes, it did an excellent job. A nice, smooth, nick-free shave today. Have a great day and weekend, folks.
ย 

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Sure, @SharpieB does a Space Week when i am 5000 miles away from home. But, I am gonna post anyways. Just got home. Had some new toys to play with, so the Space shave will have to wait until tomorrow. :)

2023 Contributor's Paladin brush
PAA CK6 Aloha Smackdown soap
Pearl Flexi OC
Astra SP
B&M Passiflora Splash

20230520_081559.jpg
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, May 20th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Tile 316 SS with a Yaqi Brass nickel coated handle- Mfg 2021>, mild to tame mid range depending on blade used, very easy to find sweet spot angle, machining and finish are accurate and adequate for my shaving needs. The handle is great to hold and has a nice slight taper that I enjoy. Had a close no issue shave this morning.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide(2) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity.
Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent later qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Atlantis" 24mm G4 synthetic, excellent lather generator, luxury like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Closest synthetic to a 2band or 3 band badger I have experienced with my large rotation of brushes.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Tile razor with a Kai extra wide blade.
SOTD May 20 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
20 May, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Barbaros TR-1
Blade: Polsilver (Lodz) 6
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap: Lรธthur: Samber
Fragrance: Manhattan Eau de Parfum by Roja Dove

I don't reach for the TR-1 very often, but when I do, I'm rewarded with an exceptionally smooth shave, and today was no different. Oh yeah!
ย 
Pre-shave: Zirh "Prepare" oil
Brush: DS Cosmetic
Lather: Maon Boutique "Bobcat"
Razor: 1956 Gillette Super Speed "Red Tip"
Blade: Super Max "Stainless"
Witch hazel: Thayers "Coconut Water"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: MeiรŸner Tremonia "Indian Flavour"
Face cream: Dove Men+ Care "Hydro Boost"

2023-05-20.jpg
ย