What's new

🚀 👩‍🚀 👽 👾 SOTD - “Space/Futurist Week” May 15th - 21st, 2023 🚀 👩‍🚀 👽 👾

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again, B&Bers!

For this Week’s SOTD Theme Week, let’s see the shaving gear that is futuristic or looks kinda out there. Post your Techmatics, Merkur Futurs and other cutting edge or futuristic looking shaving gear. Incorporating Space themed items in your pic is also allowed. Have a moon rock or a Lego Mars Rover? Perfect!

This Weekly Theme is one I always look forward to as I love seeing unique and futuristic shaving related items… and I am a space nerd. Even your PAA soaps and splashes with their goofy alien logo works for this week’s theme. Muglar Alien cologne fits. Noble Otter Orbit? You betcha. Have some of that gross freeze dried astronaut food lying around? Let’s see it! If you don’t have anything themed, post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us about it.

As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but very strongly encouraged.

Let’s see your space themed items and futuristic looking shaving gear!

Menthol Monday SOTD
20230514_194730 (2).jpg

Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade:: Personna Reds (D7)
Brush: Zenith B20 Boar 28mm
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Butter: Mickey Lee Lime
Shave Soap: Mama Bear Cilantro Lime Iced
Butter: Luxx Jasmine Lime
Aftershave: Alcolado Glacial

Menthol Monday SOTD
View attachment 1654619

Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade:: Personna Reds (D7)
Brush: Zenith B20 Boar 28mm
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Butter: Mickey Lee Lime
Shave Soap: Mama Bear Cilantro Lime Iced
Butter: Luxx Jasmine Lime
Aftershave: Alcolado Glacial

What is prop you use to create Ice Age at bottom of image?

Mon 15
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi Musketeer Rapier
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 "Fine India Steel"
Good soap & splash scent with a nice enough lather whip-up by the excellent brush.
This razor is just awesome! Smooth and crisply keen after the roo leather, enjoyed only 2 passes and it was sufficient for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230515_114236.jpg

Monday, May 15, 2023.

Floïd oil pre shave. Lodrino, Candy note (Special edition spanish forum SCNG 2022): Shavoing soap, lotion & balm aftershave. EdC. CRV, Two-bands badger, ebony and blood red resin handle, special edition SCNH 2018 forum. Tanifugi nº 1, 6/8, silver steel.

IMG_4840.jpeg

Used 5/18/2023

Last edited by a moderator:
Modern May 2023

Razor: Stando Leszy (Leschy)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Preshave: PAA The Cube Mentholated
Soap: Hags Darkside (Donkey Milk base)
Aftershave: Rex Supply 1955 splash, White Proraso Balm (on neck area, more prone to irritation and 10 minutes after using splash on face), Duke Cannon Aftershave Balm (later on after to get a nice cooling feel)

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

This was the first time using this shaver. It was really happy with it. Even though it has a blade gap of 1.25 it really didn't feel that way in terms of harshness. It was smooth, efficient and gentle. The handle on it, 90 mm Wit is the name of it, was grippy, I like the design of it, matches the scalloped bar and satin finish very well. I do like the looks but how it shaved. It was really comfortable in my hands, weight was good at about 103/104 grams, with the head being at 35 grams or so I nice balance towards the head but overall good balance, control.

The blade gap I was looking at it and was like "hmmm how is this going to go" but after a few strokes found it quite quickly. I was on 7 days growth, didn't mean to be but things happen so after my first pass WTG I would say I was a SAS/CCS, more like CCS which I was really impressed by and with the comfort, that was the thing, no tugs, and efficient. The second pass XTG from ear to nose (not so good at nose to ear and was not needed) with clean up. Then went ATG, again no problems with finding the angle, scrapping, nothing (had to go with the razor upside down on WTG on my neck for 1st pass, hairs grow up). I was really impressed with this razor, really, very good and I do have thick, coarse facial hair.

This time after my first few strokes played music and enjoyed every moment of it while shaving.

The PAA Cube mentholated is great in not just doing the preshave thing (which is really well documented here and many have commented) but its great in giving you that menthol which I wanted, it was good, really good. Enjoyed that cooling feeling throughout the shave.

The Hag soap was really good, very well hydrated, this was a long shave and didn't dry out so much or need to be hydrated. I am a face lather but last time using this soap it seemed like it was a thirstier soap ie needed more water so I loaded my brush up with lather and using a Timeless lather bowl (love it because they are really deep no lather spills over the bowl) it took some work but I got a really good lather out of it, really good.

The 1955 splash was good, I enjoyed the clean scent of it, I don't use alum but always enjoy the aftershave sting/feel and this did the trick there. Proraso white to prevent any irritation or get razor burn, it just does the trick. The Duke Cannon after a bit to get that cooling feel, not the most menthol feeling to me but it still has a nice cooling sensation.

The shave was good actually, achieved a really good DFS+/BBS on 7 day growth with no cuts, weepers, nick, irritation.

I really like this razor thus far, we will see on lesser growth how it goes but its efficient razor, with looks like at medium aggression, really good balance and comfortable, really nice.

20230514_193006.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
625590E9-E3AB-4687-97C3-FBA836C79740.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Badger and Blade LE Boar Brush.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34G.
4) Japan: Razor Blade Feather.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

15 May, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S #3
Blade: Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra 4
Brush: Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian
Soap: Wholly Kaw: Vor V (Siero)
Fragrance: 1899 Ernest Hemingway by Histoires de Parfums

a very satisfying shave today, but I can't help thinking that the older Donkey base actually suits me better..

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
B&B Contributors’ Brush by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
UK Aristocrat
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Third shave in a row with the UK Aristocrat and the Wizamet blade. The hardware did a good job. No nicks, cuts, or weepers and a close shave. The B&B Comtributors’ brush by Rudy Vey performed, as usual, perfectly. The MdC soap is on its 106th use. Not much to report; the shave I like to report. A perfect 10/10 shave. Have a great day and week.

Monday
Pre-shave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: EJ89L
Blade: Gillette London Bridge
Brush: Yaqi High Mountain White
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel/Nancy Boy Replenishing After-Shave Gel
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro-Boost

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, Monday, May 15th, 2023

Razor : Star bar #4 lather catcher- mild to tame mid range, Mfg 1919-20, excellent workmanship for producing a excellent razor, this razor just checks all the boxes for best vintage razor of the whole bunch with a new Gem blade. This morning was another stellar excellent shave and always look forward when this Jewel of a razor comes up in my razor rotation. Hard to beat for my style of shaving.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely , predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Cyril R Salter Wild Rose cream, nice rose scented 5-6/10 strength with excellent lather qualities. CRS are excellent creams + reasonably priced. Sandalwood and Wild rose are the ones I have used and enjoy!
Brush : Yaqi "Lucky dice" 26mm fan brown whiskers knot:001_wub:(rare)synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle face scrubber + excellent lather painter. Nice brush, if you have large hands this brush would be worth considering IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Italian barber Amici(Razorock)AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)1 10.52.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent stellar shave with myAppolo moon landing (2).jpeg Star bar #4 with a fresh Gem coated blade.(It does not get much better for easy shaving results, excellent combination of razor & blade!)
SOTD May 15 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD MAY 15
May 2023 GRUME

Hello friends

Today, to start the week in style, I resorted to the classics: Proraso Red, Merkur Progress (5/4/3), Gillette Nacet (1), Semogue SOC Mistura and Proraso Red AS.

I had forgotten how good Proraso Red is. More than good, he is stupendous! So much so that I regret not finding a month or a day of the week whose name begins with the letter P to have Proraso Day or Proraso Month. As all of them are formidable, I calculate that it would be an easy and above all pleasant task.

To honor the classics, I invited the greatest of all to accompany me on this journey: John Coltrane.

Rating: 9

Have a nice week and great shaves.
❤️🪒

D5993D46-FABE-4D4C-BA6D-44144EF4C37A.jpeg

IMG_8410.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom